Defensive Carry banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
37,038 Posts
I suspect Doc isn't worried so much about the pulse of mainstream America, just that of mainstream Throckmorton County.
Given its population, does it even have a pulse?

·
Registered
42,330 Posts
Given its population, does it even have a pulse?
I'm sure the pulse and blood pressure there is a lot better than elsewhere with the big populations.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I suspect Doc isn't worried so much about the pulse of mainstream America, just that of mainstream Throckmorton County.
Precisely.

As it should be. Sheriff Doc doesn't represent nor does he work for "mainstream America" (which doesn't really exist). He works for the folks of Throckmorton County. The racial makeup of the county is only important if you're interested in making some sort of racist statement.

·
Premium Member
8,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Throckmorton County does indeed have a pulse and a very nice place to live.
It's big claim to fame was in 1945 a Japanese Balloon Bomb landed in some rancher's field but failed to detonate.
Just small town Texas at it's best. One of the areas I am looking at when I get out of the suburbs.

·
Premium Member
37,038 Posts
Precisely.

As it should be. Sheriff Doc doesn't represent nor does he work for "mainstream America" (which doesn't really exist). He works for the folks of Throckmorton County. The racial makeup of the county is only important if you're interested in making some sort of racist statement.
You accusing me of making racist statements?

·
Premium Member
37,038 Posts
Throckmorton County does indeed have a pulse and a very nice place to live.
It's big claim to fame was in 1945 a Japanese Balloon Bomb landed in some rancher's field but failed to detonate.
Just small town Texas at it's best. One of the areas I am looking at when I get out of the suburbs.
It might be a great place to be, but given its population density, "small town" might be an exaggeration.

·
Registered
75 Posts
No, but it is what you implied.
If you have acquired the ability to read minds, spending your time here is a waste of your talents. If you have not acquired the ability to read minds, you cannot possibly know what I might or might not have implied.

On the other hand, you might just be picking a fight. If that's the case, I have to tell you I'm married. That dance card is full.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Throckmorton County is a county of LARGE cattle ranches, oil, and hunting. It doesn't have the problems larger cities have because of demographics and very low crime. It's the perfect West Texas town (not big enough to be a city), and Friday Night Football is all that matters. It's a town that will remain the same size for many years to come. Nothing to draw new residents. The Sheriff might not have his pulse on the rest of America, because he/we don't give a flying flip about others' pulse. When I was getting ready to retire, I had to choose between two future retirement locations - Throckmorton and Mineral Wells Texas. I should have chosen Throckmorton.

·
Premium Member
37,038 Posts
Throckmorton County is a county of LARGE cattle ranches, oil, and hunting. It doesn't have the problems larger cities have because of demographics and very low crime. It's the perfect West Texas town (not big enough to be a city), and Friday Night Football is all that matters. It's a town that will remain the same size for many years to come. Nothing to draw new residents. The Sheriff might not have his pulse on the rest of America, because he/we don't give a flying flip about others' pulse. When I was getting ready to retire, I had to choose between two future retirement locations - Throckmorton and Mineral Wells Texas. I should have chosen Throckmorton.
So it IS possible to cite demographics as a consideration without being racist. Thanks.

·
Registered
75 Posts
So it IS possible to cite demographics as a consideration without being racist. Thanks.
The racial makeup of the county is only important if you're interested in making some sort of racist statement.
I quoted both here for clarity. I never said anything at all about citing the demographics themselves being racist. I only said that doing so was only important if you're interested in making some sort of racist comment. (Emphasis added)

Details are so very important.

What are you implying?

·
Premium Member
37,038 Posts
If you have acquired the ability to read minds, spending your time here is a waste of your talents. If you have not acquired the ability to read minds, you cannot possibly know what I might or might not have implied.

On the other hand, you might just be picking a fight. If that's the case, I have to tell you I'm married. That dance card is full.
"The racial makeup of the county is only important if you're interested in making some sort of racist statement."

You can't see any implication there?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Nope. I meant "assumed" (this is as good a source as any), not "inferred." "Assume" as in "to take for granted." I did not mean "infer" because I don't know if you drew a conclusion or merely reacted. To know that you had inferred would have required more input from you.

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
He did not say anything I have not heard from school administrators. :rolleyes:

Reactions: OldGnome
21 - 37 of 37 Posts