Defensive Carry banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Where are they going to put the newly arrested illegals?? I'm on the border in the Rio Grande Valley where all the reports of overcrowded federal facilities were coming from and I can tell you right now all of our 4 County jails that make up the Rio Grande Valley are full with our regular criminals. Maybe we can ship them up north to the rest of the Texas counties??
Well, if the feds won't let you send the illegals back then send the regular criminals to Mexico, give that country a taste of their own medicine.

·
Registered
9,940 Posts
Sadly, the Federal Gov'ment will assert that this is outside the state's authority and regulation of the international border is only within the purview of the Federal Gov'ment.
I remember a couple years ago when dems were just fine with states ignoring the federal government on immigration.

·
Registered
11,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·

·
Super Moderator
18,883 Posts
It's way more than 10 years too late.

Reactions: G26Raven

·
Registered
3,487 Posts

Tent cities would work. Sheriff Joe made them work in Arizona.
Joe cost Maricopa County 140 million dollars in litigation over the years, no thanks. I'm having a hard time swallowing the 40k increase on my home value from the county to pay for the new courthouse I'd hate to see that go even higher to pay some ambulance chaser. Like I said earlier if the other counties in the state will lend a hand I'm all for it if everyone else is just going to give us border counties an atta boy no thanks.

·
Premium Member
9,044 Posts
Desperate times call for desperate measures.
If the fed's get pissed, just build the remaining wall a few inches further in Texas on Texas land and tell the fed's to pound sand.
We should charge a immigration tax to all the new yankee's and left coasters showing up here to help pay for it.
Increasing the charge for trespass and destruction of property and whatever other charges you can put on the illegals is a good start until we can get a responsible federal government again.
And if that never happens, at least we will have a head start on secession.

·
Premium Member
9,044 Posts
Joe cost Maricopa County 140 million dollars in litigation over the years, no thanks. I'm having a hard time swallowing the 40k increase on my home value from the county to pay for the new courthouse I'd hate to see that go even higher to pay some ambulance chaser. Like I said earlier if the other counties in the state will lend a hand I'm all for it if everyone else is just going to give us border counties an atta boy no thanks.
We all in Texas should share the burden, you are correct. Then we should keep track of every penny we spend and sue the federal government for compensation.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
We all in Texas should share the burden, you are correct. Then we should keep track of every penny we spend and sue the federal government for compensation.
The county judge was on the radio recently he is still waiting to be repaid for last years Corona expenditures that the government said they would be covering.

·
Registered
20,540 Posts
Reality is Texas can build a wall from border to border. There is nothing that says they can't. The Feds can stop them from sending anyone who climbs over it back but they can't stop the wall.
They can’t stop them from putting them back over the wall either.
If the Feds can’t stop BLM and ANTIFA violence, they certainly can’t handle the type of violence they would provoke in a state that is it’s own country.

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
I hope he does this for two reasons. Texas has every right to protect her borders and her people from invading hordes if the federal government is not of a mind to do this. And it sends the middle finger to the feds for their horrible lack of will to protect the country (yes I know they are doing this deliberately).

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I hope he does this for two reasons. Texas has every right to protect her borders and her people from invading hordes if the federal government is not of a mind to do this. And it sends the middle finger to the feds for their horrible lack of will to protect the country (yes I know they are doing this deliberately).
...and three, it'll drive the libruls down here nuts

·
Super Moderator
18,883 Posts
Collective national tolerance for lawlessness and a federal government agenda is what cost Maricopa county.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Collective national tolerance for lawlessness and a federal government agenda is what cost Maricopa county.
Yeah but I don't think the nation or the federal government footed that bill.

·
Registered
343 Posts
The red states are all doing things to stop the inept federal government. Gun laws, school curriculum, stopping the 'pay to not work' scheme and now Texas to secure its own border. What a mess that is supposed to be running the country.

·
Super Moderator
18,883 Posts

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
There is a saying that goes "I support our country always - I support our government when it deserves it." Sounds like Texas can tell the difference.

·
Registered
12,177 Posts
My thought on reading this was the places TX should build walls is all the entry points for immigrating Californians. In the long run, they are bigger threat.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts