Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Along with two partners I own a firearm training facility. Last year we made the decision to expand and diversify our business model by entering the retail market to offer products that compliments our service line. This includes the sales of firearms, parts and accessories, and the development of other high performance gear for EDC, urban preparedness, and outdoor survival.

At our last company meeting I was tasked with finding a gun board that contained an FFL discussion forum, where I/we could interact with others more knowledgeable on gun laws. Ones that could guide us and answer our most pressing questions. Our priority concerns are: 1. protecting the privacy of our clients/customers, 2. operating under strict adherence to all federal and state laws, rules, guidelines, regulations, etc., and 3. staying out of jail.

We have downloaded the complete NFA Handbook and researched all ATF rulings and articles. But still, our biggest headache with this endeavor has been trying to construe and understand (unsuccessfully) the innumerable and nebulous laws associated with sales, manufacturing, gunsmithing, workshops, build parties, and all other activities we will be promoting…in hopes that our products and services will bring individuals and families together into our spacious and open well-equipped studio.

To some the above may sound as if I’m trying to promote something. To that I categorically deny the allegation. I will never reveal the name of our company, our location, the services we offer or the products we sell. I am merely laying out the foundation of our business model so others will have a reference for what we do when attempting to answer my questions and/or to provide guidance.

Anyway, I hope to play a positive part on this board. I’ll most likely be hanging out in the “FFL Dealer Discussion” forum. And again - thanks for having me.:wave:

·
Super Moderator
50,610 Posts
Welcome...

from Central Florida!

RET :31:

·
Super Moderator
19,011 Posts
Welcome

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
Check out sponsorship. If you go that route, you will be welcome to promote your business as much as you like.

BTW - Welcome to the forum! :wave:

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Welcome to Defensive Carry :wave: The best forum for sharing ideas and experience.

Help us keep this forum great by remembering the Golden Rule: Please treat others as you want to be treated.

I am from Kansas.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome to Defensive Carry :wave: The best forum for sharing ideas and experience.

Help us keep this forum great by remembering the Golden Rule: Please treat others as you want to be treated.

I am from Kansas.
Words of wisdom...thanks Dangerfield.:beerchug:

·
Premium Member
5,107 Posts
Welcome from Savannah

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Warm greetings from The Great State of Texas. Welcome to D.C.com. Where the majority of its members strongly believe in the 2nd Amendment and doing away with the infringements recklessly tied to it through history.

Texas, One of eight States refusing to label it's college campuses, "Gun Free Zones." One of the few areas of our Nation which continues to allow it's gun owner's to carry more than an empty gun and one bullet in their pocket. In Texas, it is an everyday occurrence to see a horse tied to a post downtown with the owners loaded long gun hanging off the saddle and no one will touch it, other than it's owner. Okay, obviously one of the above three statements referring to Texas is not exactly true any longer.

Enjoy your time at D.C. .com. You are among good people here. :smile:

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Hello Train ... Good luck on your quest and welcome from SW Ohio ... Glad to have you aboard!

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
Welcome from the Lone Star State and thank you for choosing to participate with us. Always great to have gun knowledgeable people join.

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin, Train!

Good luck with your training facility.

There's nothing wrong with you becoming a Site Sponsor. They're all located in the very last forum at the bottom. Of course advertising your "product" in WI & all the other states represented here won't do you very much good, LOL.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks to all for the warm welcome.:beerchug:

Welcome from Wisconsin, Train!

Good luck with your training facility.

There's nothing wrong with you becoming a Site Sponsor. They're all located in the very last forum at the bottom. Of course advertising your "product" in WI & all the other states represented here won't do you very much good, LOL.
This is the second mention of "Site Sponsor".:smile: I've got no problem becoming one.:yup: I see where they're all located but I've searched and cant find a sponser link to register. I see a "contribution" link but no "site sponsor" link. :confused:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts