Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I needed a recoil spring for my 19. Not only did Glock send me one for free, they included some key chains, pens and pins.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Damn, too bad I don't have something break on mine. Although I don't want that to happen either.

Joker1

·
Registered
192 Posts
Glock's customer service is excellent. I live about an hour from the facility in Smyrna, GA.. I take my Glocks to them about every two years just so they can give them a once over and make sure every thing is still working like it should be.

The last time I was there, they put all new springs, new firing pin, extended mag & slide release, upgraded my mags to the newer metal lined drop free mags... They also thoroughly cleaned both guns and test fired them. All of that was done in about an hour and there was no charge for any of it.

Gotta love Glock!!! :smile:

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Glock's customer service is excellent. I live about an hour from the facility in Smyrna, GA.. I take my Glocks to them about every two years just so they can give them a once over and make sure every thing is still working like it should be.

The last time I was there, they put all new springs, new firing pin, extended mag & slide release, upgraded my mags to the newer metal lined drop free mags... They also thoroughly cleaned both guns and test fired them. All of that was done in about an hour and there was no charge for any of it.

That sounds like a plan!:smile: I'm in GA also(30 minutes SW of Hartsfield-Jackson)so I'll plan a trip to have both my G19 & 26 tuned up.

As an aside, Glock is e-mailing me an order form for a guide-rod spring for my 26...NO freebies there. Oh well.:frown:

·
Banned
160 Posts
Very nice. I would imagine that the Glock Customer Service people are like the Maytag guy from the old commercials , lonely and bored.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

To bad I don't live closer.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That sounds like a plan!:smile: I'm in GA also(30 minutes SW of Hartsfield-Jackson)so I'll plan a trip to have both my G19 & 26 tuned up.

As an aside, Glock is e-mailing me an order form for a guide-rod spring for my 26...NO freebies there. Oh well.:frown:
Maybe it depends who you talk with. I would call back and try again.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I'm a NY'er so something FREE is definitely for me..BUT I feel funny "fishing" for something free after striking out on the initial call. The pen and other goodies sounded sweet.

·
Registered
10,958 Posts
Years ago, during the Clinton AWB, I had an issue with Winchester WinClean ammo feeding in my G19, using the 10-rd mags.

Called Glock, sent me new mag followers for free. Problem solved!

Not an issue since.:smile:

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts
Yet another two reasons to buy a Glock...great service and you seldom need it.:danceban:

·
Banned
13,685 Posts
I needed a recoil spring for my 19. Not only did Glock send me one for free, they included some key chains, pens and pins.
So.....how many keychains and pens did they send you? Glock does have excellent customer support, and the techs seem like real people and with a sense of humor when needed. You can call the number any time during business hours, and still talk to live people. Can you say that most of the places you call have flesh and blood answering the phone? Human interaction without pressing 1 for English? Personally, I don't need anymore reasons to like Glock. All is good in the world today with my Glock next to me. As it is....as it was....and as it always will be.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Yep, I'm glad I came back to the dark side. This is one of those "feel good" stories I like to read about on here. I've never needed their customer service, but it's good to know that if I ever do, I'll be treated like a respected customer, and not a number on their computer screens. :yup:

·
Registered
192 Posts
I wouldn't mail it in an attempt to get a free cleaning.
Me neither. But if there is a problem with it, or it is an older model it may be worth it. With an older model they will replace any part that have been updated/recalled etc...

If there is a problem with it, or it's just an older model and you can live without it for a while...... Send it in.

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
Free swag! Man, that's the best! Congrats on the stuff....and the new recoil spring for free!:danceban:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts