Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to take a minute and shout out a very big "THANK YOU" to a certain member here. I can't reveal his name because I'm afraid it may make things worse for him, but this gentleman offered to pay my dues to a gun-rights organization when he realized that I couldn't afford it. A very nice and generous act. Thank you!

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow!!! This gentleman offered a longer membership than he had to! What a guy! I like this guy! Maybe I should mention somewhere that I also have my eye out for a Bersa Thunder Pro 9mm! :)

I can't help it... I'm just ecstatic right now!

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
That's awesome! Remember this gracious and generous act. May your life be impacted by it...not simply in the now, but from here on out as you are gracious and generous to those in your world that experience a time of need like you did.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What's that saying? "One good deed deserves another"? Or is it something like that?

·
Super Moderator
19,908 Posts
Wow!!! This gentleman offered a longer membership than he had to! What a guy! I like this guy! Maybe I should mention somewhere that I also have my eye out for a Bersa Thunder Pro 9mm! :)

I can't help it... I'm just ecstatic right now!
Remember this gracious and generous act. May your life be impacted by it...not simply in the now, but from here on out as you are gracious and generous to those in your world that experience a time of need like you did.
What's that saying? "One good deed deserves another"? Or is it something like that?
So - look for opportunities to "pay it forward". Pass the favor along!

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So - look for opportunities to "pay it forward". Pass the favor along!
Yes, exactly. I always try to do good things for others, within my capabilities. Just today, in fact, in heavy rains I saw a young man standing outside his car because he couldn't get in for some reason. I called him over and offered him to sit in my dry car while we waited for the bus. Sometimes I'd see a kid walking to the bus stop, and if my kids know them, I'd offer them a ride. Stuff like that. I can't afford much, but I do try to help folks out if I can.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
I want to take a minute and shout out a very big "THANK YOU" to a certain member here. I can't reveal his name because I'm afraid it may make things worse for him, but this gentleman offered to pay my dues to a gun-rights organization when he realized that I couldn't afford it. A very nice and generous act. Thank you!
His screen name is in the thread where he offered it....... :blink:

·
Banned
12,068 Posts
Sometimes it's referred to as paying it forward. And incidentally there was a movie by the same name awhile back. That's how I became aware of it.

·
Registered
278 Posts
...that I also have my eye out for a Bersa Thunder Pro 9mm! :)
So, someone is paying your gun organization dues that you can't afford - so you can buy a new gun?

Did I read that right, or am I missing something?
saa.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So, someone is paying your gun organization dues that you can't afford - so you can buy a new gun?

Did I read that right, or am I missing something?
saa.
No, it was a joke. I "have my eye out for a new gun"... doesn't mean I can afford to buy one. Recent medical disaster forced me to give up a lot, and recently had to ask Dad to buy me the only gun we have now.

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
Such a kind and generous offer.... Paying it forward would be the greatest way to encourage such selflessness. How you choose to do so is not important, doing it is what is important.

·
Registered
278 Posts
No, it was a joke. I "have my eye out for a new gun"... doesn't mean I can afford to buy one. Recent medical disaster forced me to give up a lot, and recently had to ask Dad to buy me the only gun we have now.
I hope your medical situation improves dramatically. I'm glad to hear that someone has taken care of your dues, and you have a SD/HD gun.

PM me when you need SD ammo for your firearm. I will have it shipped directly to you so that you have the correct ammo in your magazine (or cylinder), no questions asked. (no joke, just shoot me a message and I'll get it taken care of for you).

Even in the light of challenges, we are truly blessed. I wish you all the best, my friend!
saa.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I hope your medical situation improves dramatically. I'm glad to hear that someone has taken care of your dues, and you have a SD/HD gun.

PM me when you need SD ammo for your firearm. I will have it shipped directly to you so that you have the correct ammo in your magazine (or cylinder), no questions asked. (no joke, just shoot me a message and I'll get it taken care of for you).

Even in the light of challenges, we are truly blessed. I wish you all the best, my friend!
saa.
I really do appreciate that, and will def keep your offer in mind. Fortunately, I'm okay on ammo for now, being I only have one gun. When the wife finally finished her cardiac rehab (at 39, imagine that), my father came to my rescue and helped me out a little. In addition to the "donation" of the handgun and 100 rounds of ammo, he also replaced the only vehicle we have. It broke down over 200 miles from home while visiting wife's family, and had to abandon it and sell for scrap. Dad flew across the country to purchase a very well made car, decent mileage and very good price. Drove it back across the country for me. He and a close friend of his did all the necessary mechanical work to be sure it was in good working order before giving it to me, Misty and our kids.

Dad, like a few others on this forum, is a very caring, generous and concerned man. I thank him and the others here who have gone out of their way to help me.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I'm sorry to hear of your family's health crisis and hope your wife is on the mend. I'm not surprised by the generous offers by members here. Some of the best men and women I have known are shooters. We are generally a friendly and generous lot who will go out of our way to help someone in need.

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Seems to be some great Dudes On DC :wink:
H/D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts