Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In theses times of ridiculous ammo prices and shortages, it was nice to find a couple of boxes of Federal 115g FMJ 9mm in the ammo case.

What was even better was the price $8.97 a box!!

What with cheaper than dirt (yeah right) at one point selling range fodder at well over $20, and Dicks and Gander Mountain coming in at $19.99, I really hope when the prices come back down people remember the companies profiting from their "pain", and take their business elsewhere!

Thanks Wal-Mart!!!

·
Registered
635 Posts
Nice!!!

·
Registered
449 Posts
I am assuming you it was a box of 50. That was an amazing price. I paid 11.00 (Winchester) per box in the People's Republic of NY. For a box of 100 it was 22.00. Not too bad. One really has to pound the pavement to get good ammo deals. I refuse to pay 20 bucks for 9mm box of 50. However, if need be, I know of a place in Long Island, where I can get a box of 9mm for 15 bucks.

I believe Cabelas is backorderd for up to 6 weeks. They have great prices. If you are willing to wait, might be a good avenue.

I firmly believe that the current White House administration will try to tax and serialize ammo shortly. Hence buy up as much you can that your budget can allow.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah it was for 50!!

It's almost as good as Dick's old $7.98/50 if you bought 10 boxes from last year.

Think I am gonna buy all my ammo from Walmart now, it's abit out of my way but at least I know they are never gonna try and rip me off like the other vultures all appear to be doing.

Just for info Walmart have a 6 box/day limit on ammo purchases to try to ensure fair allotment of the limited supply.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I'd say you did great.
AmmoBank

Hoss

·
Registered
163 Posts
We have that deal at the walmart down here as well. This weekend I went to the gun show, and a booth had the same ammo for 15 bucks a box. I giggled in my head!!!

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts
Nice find.:hand10: Did you find out what day the stock truck comes in? I'd be heading back for more the morning it arrives.:yup:

·
Registered
543 Posts
Walmart here had about 20 boxes of 100 9mm at 20.00 each.

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
I stopped at Dick's Sporting goods last night and they had the shelves full of everything, including hollow points. However, the prices are higher than Walmart so they stayed on the shelf.

·
Banned
13,685 Posts
Walmart here had about 20 boxes of 100 9mm at 20.00 each.
Yeah...but the Federal is cheaper even if you buy two boxes to make that hundred. They work just as well for less. Our local Wal Marts have been having one or the other brand for quite some time now.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I dont think I'm gonna buy anymore just yet...I have 500 9mm and shoot 200 or so a month.

I certainly dont wanna pay non Wal-Mart prices, and I don't wanna add to the "panic" buying that appears to have created this whole situation, with alittle help from the American people of course, who elected Mr. O.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
I dont think I'm gonna buy anymore just yet...I have 500 9mm and shoot 200 or so a month.

I certainly dont wanna pay non Wal-Mart prices, and I don't wanna add to the "panic" buying that appears to have created this whole situation, with alittle help from the American people of course, who elected Mr. O.
Just a friendly difference of opinion, but having a stock of ammo is not necessarily panic buying. These are uncertain times politically. And with the current economy, ammo prices are sure to go up sooner or later. I prefer to call it prudent and prepared.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Yeah...but the Federal is cheaper even if you buy two boxes to make that hundred. They work just as well for less. Our local Wal Marts have been having one or the other brand for quite some time now.
Yea I know, but these are the first packs I've seen here in quite a while. I don't have a 9mm so doesn't matter to me.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I was at a local Walmart yesterday, and noticed that Federal 9mm which used to be 8.97 is now 9.47 (and OOS), and Federal 40SW which used to be 12.97 is now 13.97 (in stock). This is the fist time seeing these new prices for me -- I've bought as recently as last week. Anyone else noticed similar increases?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I scored two boxes of WWB .45 ACP at Wally World last Friday. I haven't seen .45 WWB in nine months so I jumped on both boxes.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Don't smoosh new ammo!

I scored two boxes of WWB .45 ACP at Wally World last Friday. I haven't seen .45 WWB in nine months so I jumped on both boxes.
Why would you jump on new ammo?

Great deal, wiating for our to get 45 back in... they seem to rotate, a few weeks of 357/38/9mm a few weeks of 45 and now the few weeks of 40sw. Prices are definitely the best, just need patience.

·
Registered
358 Posts
mmm ammo
1000 .223
50 7.62x54R
40 20 gauge
1050 9mm
1200 .40

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just a friendly difference of opinion, but having a stock of ammo is not necessarily panic buying. These are uncertain times politically. And with the current economy, ammo prices are sure to go up sooner or later. I prefer to call it prudent and prepared.
I agree to a certain extent, but there is little doubt that Prudence and preparation are contributing to the prices and shortages we are seeing now.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts