Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I had bought the CA snub I wouldn't have been able to pick up this Smith and Wesson 642. Needed a good cleaning and opened it up for a drop of oil all good now.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Great weapon. I love my J frames, one is ALWAYS with me (even when not carrying a roscoe)

·
Premium Member
8,557 Posts
If I had to do it all over again, I’d go with the charter arms over the 642.

Can’t believe you chose a 642 over a charter arms. Unbelievable. I bet You are regretting it already.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I had to do it all over again, I’d go with the charter arms over the 642.

Can’t believe you chose a 642 over a charter arms. Unbelievable. I bet You are regretting it already.
I do make a lot of bad decisions.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I love my 442.

Interesting packaging. I bought my 442 back in the fall and it came with their blue plastic case.
It's a 642-1 dont know the age so could be an older one.

Reactions: Pete63

·
Registered
G19.4 - P365 - TX-22 - G42 and more.
849 Posts
Mrs Tinymans cousin has a Charter Undercover .38 Special 5-shot. She asked me to clean it up (probabnly never done). Actually in pretty good shape, just what I call "house dust" as it hasn't been fired in many years. Google didn't answer when it was born but probably 60/70 time frame. I'll get her a box of self defense and get rid of the antique ammo.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I’m like most gun enthusiasts. Champagne taste on a beer budget. While there are exceptions to every rule, overall you are going to get what you pay for when it comes to firearms.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Nice! My wife has one. It’s a great pistol. I often use it when I’m fishing and it’s too hot to wear more then shorts and and a t-shirt.😎

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
Anyone who knows about firearms' quality stays away from anything made outside the US (except Euroland).

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Not a fan of the 642 as I Like to know What Position the internal hammer is in!. I also found it inaccurate past 5 yrds.. Sold it and bought a RIA .45 Compact that works so much better for me.

·
Registered
5,139 Posts
Not a fan of the 642 as I Like to know What Position the internal hammer is in!. I also found it inaccurate past 5 yrds.. Sold it and bought a RIA .45 Compact that works so much better for me.
The inaccuracy is on you not the gun. A 642 is just as accurate as any other handgun. User skill is not the guns fault.

·
Premium Member
8,557 Posts

Well, if the trigger is not pulled, the internal hammer is at rest. The hammer starts moving back as you pull the trigger.....

As for accuracy, guns don't throw curve balls ;)

1 - 20 of 49 Posts