Defensive Carry banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Great snag! I love the j frame and buy everyone that has been “dumped” on me due to the fear of ONLY having five rounds.

If you want a smaller grips, PM for I have a tote full of them. I always get a set of classic duty panels for my j frames. Well, any snubbie for that matter.

Lefty

·
Registered
779 Posts
Great snag! I love the j frame and buy everyone that has been “dumped” on me due to the fear of ONLY having five rounds.

If you want a smaller grips, PM for I have a tote full of them. I always get a set of classic duty panels for my j frames. Well, any snubbie for that matter.

Lefty
the old wood grips and a Tyler-T adapter.......probably one of the best set-ups ever for pocket carry.

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Ah, NO,as I had FOUR good shooters try this at 10 yrds and they all agreed this did not work. Period.
I don't care if you had 1,000 "good shooters" its not the gun its poor trigger skills. Lots of people think because they shoot 1911's or striker guns well that they are "good shooters". Sorry, but, your "good shooters" were not as good as you think if they can't shoot a DAO j frame past 5 yards. Mine is as accurate as my skill level allows. Milk jugs at 25 yards are not beyond its accuracy if I do my part.
I suppose the exception is you got a bent barrel gun but, I doubt it.

·
Registered
779 Posts
stinkers do happen...i have encountered poa/poi problems in the past on Smith J frames and on the GP 100 fixed sight series.....

maybe i am too much a perfectionist.....but such bugs the heck out of me especially at 25 yards......i traded them off.

fortunately, the vast majority of fixed sight revolvers do have acceptable poa/poi.

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I suppose the exception is you got a bent barrel gun but, I doubt it.
It could have been a clocked, improperly indexed, barrel causing it to shoot off target. That's been an issue that both S&W and Ruger have had at times. Not all guns are made great by any manufacturer. Some companies just have much higher odds of getting their customers good product.

·
Registered
20,309 Posts
I have had my share of clocked barrels on the S&W revolvers that use the crush fitting process to align the front sight blade to top dead center.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts