Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bad guys work on the holidays so I will be carrying as any normal.
Will you carry on Thanksgiving dinner? OC or CC? I'm going to carry concealed IWB, don't want my mother to freak about a gun at dinner.

·
Premium Member
4,330 Posts
Your mother doesn't know you carry?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Absolutely! You never know when you are going to run across a really tough turkey, not to mention a bunch of bad cranberries.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I was invited to a friends house for the holiday. SHE knows I carry but her husband is kind of gun shy. I will be OC as I usual since I will be in a house because she knows and doesnt care, the husband "was told I carry and doesnt seem to mind" so we shall see how it goes.
As for you mother not knowing, I suggest you tell her, also HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you and yours.
~Steve

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
Except at school...every place, all the time...:yup:

·
Registered
643 Posts
I carry everywhere legal. So does my wife, my son, my sister and my brother-in-law. There will be as many hog-legs around the table as turkey legs.

·
Registered
545 Posts
If Thanksgiving is included in "24/7/365", then I will be carrying!:wink:

Bobo

·
Registered
357 Posts
I'll be packing my G27 as always. Sometimes it's the only thing that will make it through the dried out turkey.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I will CC, out of sight out of mind. They all know I carry but its an unspoked rule. It will be at my house as usual. I alway do the cooking. I'll have 14 people, mostly my wife's family. My family is in KY.

·
Registered
368 Posts
my mom doesnt know I carry either. This is due to her "there is no good reason to own a gun unless you're a BG" mentality. I will be carrying, she will not know.

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
Going over to a co-worker of my wifes. I'll be carrying like I always do.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I am headin to the in-laws, father in law would think something was wrong if I didn't carry, he does not carry but he gets it, he's on our side lol, it will be the kel tec p3at and or the G19 don't my waist needs all the room it can get to expand lol

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Dinner is at our place, so carry as usual...

·
Premium Member
3,232 Posts
Of course, going to the in-laws.....next door.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Fortunately/unfortunately, we will probably have some wine and later some after dinner liquor. Therefore, in keeping with the requirements of the state of Missouri, I will be leaving the pistols at home. It will be the first time the P3AT has not been at body temperature for a long time.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yes, my mom at first was skeptical about me carrying, but she eventually told me to leave it in the car. (Yeah ... right) I'm sorry you may not feel safe with someone you know with a gun around you, but you'll be sorry when someone you don't know with a gun is around you. I'll be carrying my kimber cdp II. Just got my crossbreed holster today so I'll definately be taking advantage of that as well. What they don't know can't hurt them.

·
Registered
29 Posts
We are headed to my grandmothers house. Sadly Grandma's house is in a seedy type area, you betcha I will have the Sig at 4 o'clock. Mom and Grandma don't know I carry everyday and don't need to. They both claim to be afraid of guns.

·
Premium Member
2,939 Posts
Dinner's here. A bunch of the wife's friends are coming over. All sheep, but I'll be loaded for bear.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts