Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. We're all (supposed to be) stuck sheltering in place and bored-out-of-our-gourds so how about a photo thread on 9mm pistols we have along with any description and views on favorites? What 9mms do you keep on hand? Which of them are your favorites? Who's going to post a 9mm revolver photo?

Actually I've been to the local grocery store early this morning for yet one more freshly delivered package of toilet paper to protect the stock pile Mrs. BMc thoughtfully provided since long before the great 2020 TP shortage. Locally we're "awarded" one package, but only if we can catch a shipment right off the truck.

I've never been a huge fan of the 9mm cartridge, finding it overrated and uninspiring. I do recognize that it's fully adequate for the purpose. Somehow though I've ended up with a small tribe of 9mms for I do enjoy history and do admire some of the designs of the pistols that have chambered 9mm or have actually been designed for 9mm since the cartridge was developed by Georg Luger.

Top row: A Spreewerk mfg. P.38 and a mongrel VoPo Luger
Middle row: FN High Power and a Star BM
Bottom row: 2nd generation Glock 17, CZ 75 BD, Colt Government Model

The Luger is the first 9mm pistol I ever acquired. The High Power is my very favorite. The CZ is the best shooting 9mm of the bunch and the only one I'm willing to carry. The Colt is very rewarding for 1911-gun fun on the cheap. The P.38 is innovative for its day and historical. The Star BM is as small and light as I want to go with a 9mm pistol (it pleasingly ain't light weight). The Glock is a specimen to study to try to learn what all the fuss is about with polymer striker-fired pistols.

Two additional 9mms I'd love to add to the tribe are the SIG P210 and the Beretta 92.

·
Super Moderator
16,426 Posts
I have always been fascinated with the looks of the Mauser Broomhandle so I had to have one, always fun at the range especially when I slip on the stock and start firing it from the shoulder. Another fan of the Luger and have 2 one in 9MM and the other in 30Luger.since it was designed by John Browning it was an absolute must to include a BHP. For a more modern flair I had to add the Ruger SR1911 in 9MM and the Kimber Micro-9. I have a couple of others but don’t have pictures of them.

IMG_0682.JPG IMG_0703.JPG BHP_R.JPG Lady1911_R.jpg Micro9_R.JPG

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Just one 9mm in residence here, but she’s a looker. CZ P07 Tactical; factory 17rd mags, suppressor-height tritium sights, and a threaded barrel, all wrapped up in a gray polymer DA/SA frame.

122974EF-1FEC-4B04-8CDB-CB0BE91DE562.jpeg

·
Registered
34,754 Posts
I own two 9mms.

S&W 6906, my carry gun
th (5).jpg

A SIG P226 MK-25 my son gave me on my birthday. He informed it was a loan as he expected to inherit it back some day. That's my boy!
th (7).jpg

·
Super Moderator
18,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh Gene. I forgot about the Broomhandle Mauser. I'd love to have one of those. Was always gonna order out one of those ratty ones "Shotgun News" once advertised for something like $75 for relic grade to $139 for poor to fair grade. They were out of China and all looked like they'd been dragged behind a truck.

Never got around to it though. I'd take one in either 7.65 or 9mm, but 9mm would be most handy.

·
Registered
5,802 Posts
I've never been a huge fan of the 9mm cartridge, finding it overrated and uninspiring. I do recognize that it's fully adequate for the purpose. Somehow though I've ended up with a small tribe of 9mms for I do enjoy history and do admire some of the designs of the pistols that have chambered 9mm or have actually been designed for 9mm since the cartridge was developed by Georg Luger.

Top row: A Spreewerk mfg. P.38 and a mongrel VoPo Luger
Middle row: FN High Power and a Star BM
Bottom row: 2nd generation Glock 17, CZ 75 BD, Colt Government Model

The Luger is the first 9mm pistol I ever acquired. The High Power is my very favorite. The CZ is the best shooting 9mm of the bunch and the only one I'm willing to carry. The Colt is very rewarding for 1911-gun fun on the cheap. The P.38 is innovative for its day and historical. The Star BM is as small and light as I want to go with a 9mm pistol (it pleasingly ain't light weight). The Glock is a specimen to study to try to learn what all the fuss is about with polymer striker-fired pistols.

Two additional 9mms I'd love to add to the tribe are the SIG P210 and the Beretta 92.
I am a fan of everything you said. For me, the 9mm Luger is a Toyota Camary. It is plain, affordable, reliable, and will get you there. My childhood fascination with a Walther P38 toy brought me to my current Walther love. I also love the Hi Power and FN firearms, but never had the fun funds to spring for one. My EDC is a CZ compact. The BD is a great carry gun.

I carried a M1/F92 Beretta in the Army. I did love to shoot it. It was very accurate and easy to drive it like a race car. It also birthed my aversion to slide mounted safeties.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
16,426 Posts
Oh Gene. I forgot about the Broomhandle Mauser. I'd love to have one of those. Was always gonna order out one of those ratty ones "Shotgun News" once advertised for something like $75 for relic grade to $139 for poor to fair grade. They were out of China and all looked like they'd been dragged behind a truck.

Never got around to it though. I'd take one in either 7.65 or 9mm, but 9mm would be most handy.
I remember my teenage years going to the livestock auction and the flea market outside, it was quite common to see baskets of Broomhandles and Lugers priced at $50-$60. Of course back in those times that was an astronomical fortune for me.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Ruger P95: my first pistol purchase, still serves as my HD pistol
IMG_7942 (2).JPG

Bersa BP9CC: serves as my EDC pistol
IMG_7944 (2).JPG

Don't really prefer one over the other. I love both for the roles they serve! And they do so without breaking the bank!

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Ruger P95: my first pistol purchase, still serves as my HD pistol
View attachment 321204

Bersa BP9CC: serves as my EDC pistol
View attachment 321210

Don't really prefer one over the other. I love both for the roles they serve! And they do so without breaking the bank!
I have a P89DC Purchased new a long time ago. left here with with my second son when he moved at 18. He brings it around to visit now and then. He shot it often in High school so like two rifles that left with him he was attached to them.

·
Registered
6,813 Posts
I remember my teenage years going to the livestock auction and the flea market outside, it was quite common to see baskets of Broomhandles and Lugers priced at $50-$60. Of course back in those times that was an astronomical fortune for me.
I remember those times. And you could order a 303 Enfield out of the same magazine where you could also order a Charles Atlas bodybuilding course and stop guys from kicking sand in your face. I think the Enfields could be had for $75 or less. No matter, I didn't have $75.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I remember those times. And you could order a 303 Enfield out of the same magazine where you could also order a Charles Atlas bodybuilding course and stop guys from kicking sand in your face. I think the Enfields could be had for $75 or less. No matter, I didn't have $75.
I remember buying my Chinese SKS at a Woolworth's at the local mall in CA back in the 80's for $75.
Imagine that. I picked up my rifle and walked all around the mall with it in a cardboard box

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
Sure are some sharp looking 9mm's in this thread. :yup:

1 - 20 of 84 Posts