Defensive Carry banner

41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
you do know that the S&W back straps are not like the Glocks that you stack straps on top of straps, on the S&W with the provided tool you take a strap off and install the one you like best.
I do know that. The four that came with the gun were labeled S, M, ML, and L. Why they aren't just called S, M, L, and XL is a mystery to me. But anyways, I found that the one I liked best was the ML, and that surprised me since I don't have very big hands. Going in I figured I'd want the S, but I guess how the gun feels in your hands is going to be different for each of us.

I must just like a fat grip as the Ruger feels better to me with a sleeve on it than it did without it too.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Never been a huge 9mm fan but like everyone else I have a few hanging around...

Colt ORM 1991A1 .38 Super, also has 9mm and 9x23W barrels fitted to it-

Kahr CM9, just a pocket gun, gets carried when bigger guns won't work-

Springfield EMP4, got this one for the youngest to shoot in action pistol-

Custom S&W 360J 9mm/.38spl convertible, had 9mm conversion and other work done on this gun done about 12 years ago, had a titanium .38spl cylinder fitted to several years later. With moonclips it'll shoot all kinds of stuff - 9mm, .38ACP. .38 Super, 9mm Largo, 356TSW, etc.. Carried this as my BUG on duty for a number of years, now it still gets carried regularly, a great 'drop in a pocket and go' gun.

Charles Daly Hi Power, if ever there was an underrated handgun this is it. Essentially an FEG Hi Power kit assembled in America by the old 'pre-CZ' Dan Wesson and Magnum Research. Quality components, well built, and made to spec so BHP parts fit without issue, they were bargains when they were making them but it didn't last because they cost CD more to make them than they could sell them for. If you find a nice one grab it.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Tricked out CZ Scorpion EVO S3, this is my go everywhere gun. It folds up and fits neatly in an old tool bag with several extra mags - fast shooting, accurate, easy to handle, everyone needs one of these-

This is a Tripp Research 2011 .38 Super race gun built by Marc Krebs back in '93 sporting a first year produced/ new for '93 C-More red dot. Technically I can claim 9mm since it's a .355-

Reactions: bmcgilvray and OD*

·
Registered
671 Posts
Geeze... four pages of 9mm photos on a CC forum, and not one pic of a S&W 3913/3953... :confused: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
844 Posts
Here are my two 9mm pistols.

The top one is a S&W 3913 LS in a DeSantis pocket holster designed for a S&W M&P 9C pistol.

It sort of fits.

The bottom picture is a Ruger LC9 for size comparison.

3913ls holster.JPG

·
Super Moderator
19,305 Posts
Had the camera out for the revos this morning so the Nines said "I'm ready for my closeup, Mr. DeMille..."

At the top is the newest, a CZ Shadow 2, strictly for competition. This one was breathed on nicely by Eric Zinn at CZ Custom in nearby Mesa. FWIW, they do all of CZ's "factory" custom work. This one has a much-shortened trigger reset, and trigger work that makes a super-smooth DA pull of 8 pounds, with SA at 3.5 pounds.

Next is the utilitarian CZ75B. I finally got a decent holster for it, but so far have not carried it much, opting for a more compact .45 Shield. I shot this one a few times in the games which is what got me interested in its refined racehorse cousin, the Shadow 2.

Next one down is a Springfield Range Officer in 9mm. This one is used primarily for Tuesday Night Steel at Rio Salado, where there's no advantage to shooting a heavier caliber. Once I dialed in the right weight recoil spring for my reloads and found better magazines (Dawson and Wilson ETM), it's been flawlessly reliable. Grips are moderately aggressive VZ.

Last one is a Kahr CW9. Carried a lot for close to a decade, it was incredibly reliable and with good ammo it shot reasonably well for a compact pistol. I learned I shoot a Shield better, so the Kahr is in the safe. For me, its worst feature was crazy-sharp feed lips on the magazines - I swear they have Gillette make their mags!

There were a couple of other 9s which were here but have moved on. I had a first-generation Taurus Millennium, but in under 2000 rounds it needed two trips back to the factory. The last one cost me $85 for shipping, which was outrageous for gun that cost probably $250. This was the first gun I sold; sold it to a friend but made him promise he wouldn't carry it for defense.

There was a 9mm Shield here as well for a couple of years. Once I was introduced to the Shield in .45 I knew that was the compact carry piece I wanted, and thus the 9mm was sold.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
18,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
You're another one who sold me on the notion of the CZ's Gary.

Reactions: gasmitty

·
Super Moderator
18,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Good to see there was at least one Hi Power in the thread. Here's another (I have two). The HI Power is to 9mm what the 1911 is to the .45.

Yes!

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
41 - 60 of 84 Posts