Defensive Carry banner

61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,306 Posts
This guy got jealous of the other Nines having their pictures taken earlier. I hate it when a gun sulks so even though he's not a pistol he shoots a pistol cartridge. So here he is - a Ruger PC Carbine.

Rather looks like a bulked-up 10/22. There's a rather heavy bolt (with a hunk of tungsten specifically on board to add weight) because it's a blow-back action. Due to the bolt's weight the recoil impulse is surprisingly noticeable, but no worse than an AR-platform 9mm. 147 gr loads smooth that impulse out; 115s are actually unpleasant due to their snap. I have the Glock-friendly mag well installed and that's a 24-round mag in the gun

There's an inexpensive Bushnell TRS-25 RDS on top. The ghost-ring rear sight is really quite good but with aging eyes, the red dot gets me on target faster. A very nice compact package to have available that has a bit more reach than a handgun with the same loads.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
I have several brands and styles, the CZ are still my favorites.
That said, they have all moved on to my sons.

So only one here now, 1990 228. In 1990 Sig moved to NH, but this one says Herndon VA.

It’s a good shooter, near new, I don’t carry it often.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Bersa 9UC with 17 rd 9HC with modified Ruger SR9C mag sleeve for extended grip length.

03-Large Mag.jpg

·
Registered
279 Posts
I started off with the Taurus Pro millennium four Home security, then got the Taurus slim for carry.Then got the Smith and Wesson SD9 VE for home security, then the Kahr CM for carry, then the Ruger Security-9 for home security, and finally the Smith and Wesson M&P for carry because I got such a great deal on it ($150 after rebate and gift card). It has become my favorite, though.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
18,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
I just now found this rock185. That's way cool beans right there!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Rock, I don't know about them being in Browning's catalog but they were advertised here in the U.S. for some time. l remember them in the major gun magazines back then. I always liked them except for that cheap POS rear sight they used.

61 - 80 of 84 Posts