Defensive Carry banner

81 - 100 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
18,298 Posts
Very nice and I like the way it is displayed, IIRC 38Super was Dillinger’s caliber of choice.
And he was taken out with a 38 spl, which ironically, Purvis used to commit suicide with a year later.

·
Super Moderator
21,913 Posts
And he was taken out with a 38 spl, which ironically, Purvis used to commit suicide with a year later.
That is the one thing the movie Public Enemies got right, Johnny was shot in the head by Charles B. Winstead using an FBI issued .45 Government Model, and shot in the torso by Clarence O. Hurt (former boss of Jelly Bryce). (IIRC, Samuel P. Cowley was there also) Melvin never fired his weapon.

Killing Dillinger
Killing Dillinger.png
Click to enlarge

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/54dc6b0be4b0d364a5ee20e0/54dc6cb3e4b0658f0cbac293/54dc6cb3e4b0658f0cbac297/1162477805923/Hoover+letter+072334.pdf

·
Registered
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
:congrats:
Ohh You wait!!! I JUST placed a Ruger SR1911 on paid hold... Thing is....... we (the store) got a TON of Ruger "Engineering Examples" which are Probably One-of-a-kinds... guns... This one is a Colored Stainless frame, with Polished Bronze/gold finish.... A TRUE BBQ Gun!.......ALL KINDS of them! Factory Demos as we call them.... Used, but never sold to the public....Until NOW!....... Am I SETTING the hook??? LOL (Sappire blue slides, Polished black slides, rainbow slides... FDE with black, Bronze slides.... Security 9s for 206...... all sorts of colors... LCPs in polished slides engraved slides different colors etc..... NON Cataloged guns for sure!! Am I "STILL Setting the hook"

·
Premium Member
4,249 Posts
Ohh You wait!!! I JUST placed a Ruger SR1911 on paid hold... Thing is....... we (the store) got a TON of Ruger "Engineering Examples" which are Probably One-of-a-kinds... guns... This one is a Colored Stainless frame, with Polished Bronze/gold finish.... A TRUE BBQ Gun!.......ALL KINDS of them! Factory Demos as we call them.... Used, but never sold to the public....Until NOW!....... Am I SETTING the hook??? LOL (Sappire blue slides, Polished black slides, rainbow slides... FDE with black, Bronze slides.... Security 9s for 206...... all sorts of colors... LCPs in polished slides engraved slides different colors etc..... NON Cataloged guns for sure!! Am I "STILL Setting the hook"
Pics, please.

Even if all I do is drool on my keyboard.

·
Super Moderator
21,913 Posts
Look forward to seeing some of them, Bob! :hand10:

·
Super Moderator
16,134 Posts
Do y'all do mail order.

·
Registered
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Do y'all do mail order.
Yes, the store will set you up to ship to your FFL..... Look under Used guns......Ruger
https://www.kitterytradingpost.com/new-used-guns/used-guns/ <-------- Ruger Factory Demo guns...... they ALSO have some 556 rifles in Custom finishes.. probably not see them for a LONG time once they're gone...... That's the used gun page...... you can also look under the NEW gun pages too.... 5K guns in stock....:biggrin2:

·
Super Moderator
23,224 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,039 Posts
Pics or they're Taurus.

81 - 100 of 106 Posts