Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, in my last thread on this subject, I had told everyone that I was pretty much settled on a Stag model 1. And I still am actually.

I work with a fellow who bought one about 6 months ago and he let me fondle it last weekend. I really like it.

Well, today there was a new bit of news with my AR quest. My friend with the Stag model 1 just happens to be left handed. The Ar he bought is a right handed model and he now wants to get a leftie AR from Stag. He will sell my his Model 1, with the hard case it came in and 2 mags for $750. So, I think I have found my AR.

And to top it off, it is still unfired at this time but we are planning on going to the range and shooting it this Saturday.

·
Premium Member
3,579 Posts
Well, in my last thread on this subject, I had told everyone that I was pretty much settled on a Stag model 1. And I still am actually.

I work with a fellow who bought one about 6 months ago and he let me fondle it last weekend. I really like it.

Well, today there was a new bit of news with my AR quest. My friend with the Stag model 1 just happens to be left handed. The Ar he bought is a right handed model and he now wants to get a leftie AR from Stag. He will sell my his Model 1, with the hard case it came in and 2 mags for $750. So, I think I have found my AR.

And to top it off, it is still unfired at this time but we are planning on going to the range and shooting it this Saturday.
I can't remember if you can take the handle off on the model one or not. That would be a total deal breaker for me, as I only use flat tops. I would for sure change the grip and hand guards (my personal preference).

·
Registered
295 Posts
I can't remember if you can take the handle off on the model one or not. That would be a total deal breaker for me, as I only use flat tops. I would for sure change the grip and hand guards (my personal preference).
Same here.

·
Super Moderator
19,009 Posts
Model 1 should be a flat top. I own the LH ,model 2 version and find it works well for me(LH shooter). tell your friend he will love having a LH AR.

·
Registered
911 Posts
My 1L has a detachable carry handle.

And damm you Rocky, I blame you for my purchase.

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, the model 1 does have a detachable carrying handle.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
My Stag 15 3L was a flat-top. Added flip-up sights. Replaced the grip with a far more comfortable and ergonomic one. Added ambidextrous magazine release and safety. Handy rifle.

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
Sounds like a good deal to me!

·
Premium Member
3,579 Posts
I think it's a good deal depending on what you like Mike. If you are going to shoot with the handle on then you are good to go, if you want to take the handle off, you will need to purchase some flip up iron sites and possibly a rail system if you want to add all the extras like lights and lasers and what not.

I am in the mode of saving up for optics, as I have mastered my iron sights and I don't want the other extras.

·
Super Moderator
19,009 Posts
My 1L has a detachable carry handle.

And damm you Rocky, I blame you for my purchase.
I will take the blame, but just look at what a fine AR you have . With no brass /powder , ect in the face while shooting too!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts