Defensive Carry banner

The attack of the gun belt

5K views 30 replies 27 participants last post by  blankman 
#1 ·
Help, I've been attacked by my gun belt.
I have had allergies to most metals for as long as I can remember.
I've been carrying daily for the last year and only now have I had a problem with the metal allergy. In the past couple days the very small portion of the buckle that touches my skin, above the waistband of my pants now has a red raw itchy oozing spot.
For now during the colder weather I can easily wear an undershirt tucked in to prevent skin contact with that small area. Come warmer weather this will turn into a problem.
Any suggestion of how to prevent the skin contact with the buckle?

Discussion starter · #7 ·
My belt has no metal. It is the flyer model of the Wilderness Tactical belt. The buckle is made of hard plastic so I don't have to remove it to go thru security. This belt may take care of your problems. Good luck.
Thank you Bosun! I was hoping somebody would know of a belt with a non-metal buckle.
I can wear a tucked in undershirt now for the colder weather, but come summer, two layers will just be too warm.
I used to paint the backside of my watch with clear nail polish to prevent skin contact, but wears off after a few days and has to be re-applied.
I will be looking into the Wilderness Belts.:smile:

Discussion starter · #26 ·
Thanks, everyone, you've given me some good suggestions, and I plan to try a few of them.
The leather wrap idea sounds interesting, and fashionable although nobody but me would know it's there, I'm never seen without an untucked top.
I thought I might have outgrown the allergy, since this is the first time it's acted up in a year of wearing the same belt. It makes me wonder if there might be something hormone or food related that suddenly triggered the reaction?
For now the undershirt is working great, I've got a lightweight cotton turtleneck on under my sweatshirt, since it's a blistering 17 degrees today.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.