Defensive Carry banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
1943 - 2009
10,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the May/June 06 issue of Concealed Carry Magazine, Dr. Bruce Eimer writes about a handy key chain device called the "D-Jammer", designed by Massad Ayoob. The "D-Jammer" resembles a scaled down Kubotan, and in fact, can be used as one.

Its primary purpose, however, is as an emergency tool to remove a bore obstruction from a handgun, remove jammed shells from a revolver cylinder or pistol chamber, and many other uses, including a field expedient cleaning rod (one end is threaded to accept standard cleaning rod tips & brushes).

The "D-Jammer" is made of aluminum, 6 inches long and about the same size as a number 2 pencil. It's made by Monadnock, the police baton makers, and sells for $12.50, plus shipping & handling. Order from Armor Of New Hampshire at 1-800-624-9049.

Although I have not yet put my "D-Jammer" to any of its intended uses, I find it is a solid, well made piece of gear that should work exactly as advertised. One word of warning should be mentioned, however. The shipping & handling charge was $7.00. The actual postage on the package was $1.11, leaving $5.89 for "handling". This is a bit much, IMO.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
I've had one for ten years now (purchased during LFI II) and have successfully used it to clear two squib loads and to do a demonstration take down...applied it to "subject's" thumb....it was actually quite comical.

·
1943 - 2009
10,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, srfl. I had no idea these things had been around that long. Looks like they weren't advertised very much or well known outside of Ayoob's "circle".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts