Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard at least a few of you in the past say that you shot really well with your baby Glock, if I remember correctly some of you claimed the Baby Glock outshoots the full sized counterparts. I was reading about the G 19 and G26 the other day and came across an article from a few years ago where Massad Ayoob actually said the same thing, that he shoots his Baby Glock better, so much better in fact that he actually started using it in competitions.

Massad Ayoob: Are Long-Barreled Handguns More Accurate? | The Daily Caller

So do you shoot your Baby Glock better? If you dont have a Baby Glock do you shoot your 19 better than your 17? Of course this same argument could be made with the 40's too. I have heard people say that the G 30 will outshoot the G21.

The very first gun I bought with my own money was a G27 .40, I didn't think it would be very accurate. Boy was I surprised when I aimed nonchalantly at a knot on a tree some 20 yards away and I hit it on the first try. My buddy and I looked at each other with our mouths hung open and he hollered "Luck", so this time I actually aimed and I hit within a couple of inches of my first shot (still thought I was lucky). My buddy took it and put the rest of the magazine into that knot, we were both very impressed to say the least. All of these years later and I still have a lot of respect for those Baby Glocks, in fact I'm regretting selling mine right about now.

What's your experience?

·
Registered
8,891 Posts
I'd say that I shoot the 19 as well as I shoot the 17. The G26 almost as well, maybe as well on a good day, but I'd be hard pressed to say I shoot it "better."

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
I'm noticeably more accurate with the Glock 19, over the G17 and the G26.

For me, I'm pretty certain it comes down to balance. The G19 just balances right, in my hands, under fire. Whereas the G17 and G26 both change the recoil dynamics sufficiently that accuracy suffers a little. Not a lot, as they're all three fairly accurate sidearms. But of those three, for me the G19 is the hands-down, best balanced, best feeling sidearm when I'm firing it.

·
Registered
973 Posts
You shot a tree? What did that tree ever do to you? But on a serious note. I have never shot a baby Glock but I just shot both mine and my wife's 17's today for the first time just to get some rounds through them while I had the chance and I don't think any of my Glock's shoot any differently than the other. I have the 17, 19, and 43. I did have to work with the 43 at first just in getting used to the smaller grip but comparing how I did with the 17 today it's right on par with the 19 and 43 for me. My 19 is a gen 3 and I do like the 17 gen 4 grip without any added back strap, better than the gen 3 grip. It just feels more comfortable in my hand like the first time I held a gen 1 Glock.

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
I was more accurate and always shot better qualification scores with my G-26 than my G-17. I shoot my G-36 as well as my G-35:confused: OTOH, I have always shot better with larger longer barrel revolvers than snubbies.

Reactions: G26Raven

·
Registered
129 Posts
I think the shorter the bbl. the more you concentrate. With long bbls. you let the bbl. do the work. I shoot me 30 and my 27 better than the 21 and the 22. Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
I like my 26/27/33 but like my 19/23/32 better.
Slightly quicker follow up shots and additional capacity.
If maximum concealment required, then baby Glock.

·
Premium Member
4,459 Posts
I'm significantly more accurate with the 19 than the 26 but I have a shake in my hands and the smaller barrel accentuates it. I'm no "great shakes" with the 19 right now either but hoping to improve as the meds get cut back.

Reactions: AzQkr

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
I believe we are all different in this regard.

I will not knock Glock. I had a G 27 for over a year.
I sold it and purchased the Walther PPQ and have not looked back.
Sweetest trigger I've ever felt for a off the shelf firearm.
Also, I feel a tad more confident with 15+1.

Reactions: FLDawg

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have been considering getting a G19 but the finger grooves don't fit my middle fingers giant knuckle, so I would have to remove the finger grooves, I'm okay with that though. Believe it or not the 17 and 26 fits all of my hand fine...weird.

I just thought it interesting that I have heard here and elsewhere many times how some people can outshoot their own bigger framed Glocks. In the article in my OP you can see where Ayoob shows a picture of where the backstrap of the 26 fits into the palm of his hand and the larger frames sit lower on the bottom of his palm. I don't know if this is a true contributing factor or not. I know I do feel the baby Glocks point really naturally and there isn't much if any correction needed before pulling the trigger.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Since I have never owned a baby glock, only myG20SF, I would'nt know. With my 1911's I shoot the Commanders and Gov sizes better than the Officer size But I really dislike short grips so that may be the reason why.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I believe we are all different in this regard.

I will not knock Glock. I had a G 27 for over a year.
I sold it and purchased the Walther PPQ and have not looked back.
Sweetest trigger I've ever felt for a off the shelf firearm.
Also, I feel a tad more confident with 15+1.
I have fired the PPQ and own the PPQ 45, those who haven't fired these guns owe it to themselves. You're right, the trigger is absolutely amazing.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I shot the G19 better than the 17 or 26 both of which I traded away. Even more esoteric .... I shoot the 19 better than my 34????

Reactions: 5lima30ret and Wasp

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
this notion that people shoot the Baby Glocks better is due to the fact that the G26, G27 and G33 have always had a dual recoil spring. The larger Glocks did not have a dual recoil spring until the Gen4's were introduced. I don't have any Gen 4 Glocks, so yes.....I shoot the G26 and G27 better than almost any gun I own. Tossup between the G33 and G32.

Reactions: AzQkr

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Zonker-
For follow up shots maybe, but doesn't the bullet leave the barrel before the recoil spring kicks in.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
748 Posts
I shoot the G19 the best, the G17 second best, and the G26 the worst. It's all about what fits the shooter.

Reactions: Wasp

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Count me in as one that shoots the subs better than their larger counterparts. I don't know why but my 27 is very easy for me to shoot accurately.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
I bought my 26 on a whim. I never owned a Glock and decided I wanted to try one. I went to the LGS with the intent to get a 19 but they didn't have any so I bought the 26 simply because they had them in stock. It's become my favorite carry gun. I can't compare it to a 17 or 19 because I've never felt the need to upsize to those. I can say I shoot my 26 as well or better than any service sized pistol I own. I enjoy shooting that little gun.

·
Banned
19,639 Posts
Wasp, I'm one who has stated previously that the 26 is shot better than it's big brothers, in my hands. Haven't seen any change in that since.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts