Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
144,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Neat Idear....not sure how it will work (in actual use) but, somebody "out there" was thinking. :yup:

I really only carry in leather holsters but this company seems to be making some nicely molded Kydex holsters. I am not an expert on synthetic holsters but, take a look if you don't mind Kydex.

CLICK HERE TO VISIT THE SITE

That's neat the way it has one corner of the long flap folded up & one folded down so that it will grab the mattress & the box spring with some body weight on top of it...I just noticed that.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
If there are no kids in the home, it sounds like a good idea to me. Kids have a way of sneaking up on you in the middle of the night.

·
Premium Member
25,481 Posts
Like the principle QK but knowing how much draw ''snatch'' can be needed to release a gun from the plastic rigs - not sure it'd be quite ideal - thinking perhaps too of the slightly more awkward draw angle from lying down.

I am as some may remember anyways - a proponent of gun on floor, just positioned so arm dropped over side from under covers picks it up and ready. It can also be sufficiently (only slightly) under bed too keeping it all but unseen.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Looks like it may work pretty well. It does have a bit of a cant to it that may make the draw a tad awkward. Making it with a straight draw would be better.

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
course one bad thing about it is like in the pic if you sleep on left side of bed unless you sleep face down it would be a backwards grap for you i know i wouldnt want to draw the gun as it is showin the pic

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
There's a tension screw (or two?) that would adjust the ease of draw but those folded corners look like they might be hard on the mattress itself. After years of trying different beds I've finally found one that treats my back right ... and it wasn't cheap! I'd have to grind off those corners but it doesn't look to be too difficult with a dremel. I'm wondering if they come in right and left hand models - or where the top strap is pointed towards the foot of the bed regardless of which side you sleep on.
Jack

·
Administrator
144,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We have a Select Comfort Adjustable Air Bed so I would not want to be poking any holes in mine either.
whoops! ~
ppppppsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!
Not looking forward to getting that "sinking feeling" while sleeping. :biggrin2:

·
Banned
1,706 Posts

·
Registered
17,352 Posts

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
F350:
That's more like it! I had one of those holsters at one point, no idea what happened to it though. I like the muzzle forward cant and attached mag pouch better too. somewhere around here I've got a 2" strip of 1/16" AL. ... where'd I put that????
Jack

·
Banned
1,706 Posts
OK; Question......If I had say 100 made so that you could attach your own holster and they were universally adjustable (right side-left side; mounting up or down) and adjustable angles......would they sell?????

·
Registered
698 Posts
I like the idea of that holster except that I would want the plate facing down. It would be just my luck that I would roll over and my arm would hit the edge of the metal and injure me. But thats just me!!! Other than that I really like the concept.

·
Registered
62 Posts
There used to be a company that put out a molded plastic paddle that had a slot in the end & a down-turned plastic end that acted like a section of a belt - you just clipped your (clip-type) holster onto it & slid the paddle under the mattress.

·
Banned
159 Posts
I simply take an Uncle Mikes "clip on" holster and clip it on the mattress handle. Even with thumb break, I can draw my firearm with my strong hand while lying prone.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
quantum36 said:
I simply take an Uncle Mikes "clip on" holster and clip it on the mattress handle. Even with thumb break, I can draw my firearm with my strong hand while lying prone.
Thats what I did, just a cheap $10 uncle mikes with clip. Clip it on to the bedframe. Works great and your only out $10.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I used a DeSantis gunny sack holster. It already has the furry strips on both sides for Velcro attachment (try Superlock fasters from Radio Shack, much stronger). Stuck it to the "inboard" side of my nightstand. Works great, cost about $10.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Most Kydex holsters I've seen are somewhat noisy to draw from and also have very positive retention. I think something quiet and easy to draw from would be paramount. I've had two different rigs (both suede) for several years. One secures to the head of the bed, right where you can just reach under the headboard (from under the pillow), the other secures to the underside of the bed (platform bed with rails). Neither of them are very simple to re-holster, but they are very quick and quiet for access.

Lately, I've been using a sling so I don't have holstering marks on my Sig. I'd like to have a quick-access safe, but the size and mounting position prohibits the use of most of them. I still may try mounting one to the underside of the bed.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts