1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Their goal is to disarm us. The shootings are just an excuse to do what they want. If we didn't have the mass shootings, they would just find another reason to try to disarm us.

To put it in a sound bite, "Don't confuse us with facts when our mind is made up."

·
Super Moderator
16,751 Posts
Don't get Rahm and Father Phony started on how Indiana is to blame for all of those shootings.
Oh yes, it is the fault of surrounding states and their lax gun laws allowing guns to just walk across state lines on their own.

·
Registered
335 Posts
The stupidity of all this proposed anti-gun legislation is mind boggling. The obvious part of it is that you can't tell a inanimate object what to do. Everybody always talks about that.
Here's the slobbering idiocy of what they're asking:

You. Can't. Control. People.

People do whatever they want to do. Period. The guy behind you in line at Starbucks could be seriously considering stabbing you in the back of the neck, and you'd never have a clue. You can't control what people think, and the laws we live by are an illusion depicting that the world is a safer place than it was 1000 years ago. I call BS. Virtually any human being is capable of killing another human being at any time, and for any crazy reason. That's a fact. Laws mean nothing to those who don't choose to follow them. Anyone who thinks otherwise is badly deluded.

Short answer? An armed society is a polite society. These lunatics don't walk into gun shows to start spraying bullets.

·
Premium Member
2,005 Posts
I am in full support of gun control!

All shots on target in great shot control. Its cheaper, and its better for the environment. Lead is a terrible thing to waste.
They need to give all the gang bangers guns, ammo and training. When the smoke has cleared, the last one standing goes to the chair for murder. I don't know why everyone tries to make this so complicated.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I had a different take-away. There have been 1,297 fewer shootings in the Chicagoland area (during the same period) since CCW has been allowed in Illinois. I'll bet that Rahm won't see it that way.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Lets be honest. Crimes and those involving guns has more to do with poverty levels than it does gun control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
460 Posts
Evidently Father Phony has been busy the last few days. In addition to whining about the failure of gun control to get through he is blaming the Chicago and Illinois financial problems all on Gov. Rauner. Somehow the guy who has only been around for a few years is responsible for a tidal wave of bad budgets, spending bills and pension underfunding going back some 35+ years (didn't feel like digging into when this all started).

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
IL like CA is a lost cause. The good people should just move to adjoining state and drive it to work If don't want to quit job. A couple hour drive way better than living in the state and its problems . Let the state fall in to ruin.

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
HRC blamed Vermont for the guns in NYC......Me? I blame Rhode Island.....which is neither a road or an Island.....

·
Registered
287 Posts
Lets be honest. Crimes and those involving guns has more to do with poverty levels than it does gun control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I grew up poor--as did most of the guys I ran with. We were all well armed, and we were all killers--especially during duck and quail seasons. (And we managed to fish a bit as well). I am also happy to report that I, and all these guys, managed to lead successful lives with careers and families. Most of us discovered that learning a trade or getting an education was the key. Maybe people who don't understand the importance of hard work and education are the problem--not poverty. :smile:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts