Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure people have gotten some pretty cool groomsmen gifts at a wedding before. I'm one of 9 groomsmen for my friend's wedding tomorrow and at the rehearsal brunch today he gave all us groomsmen our gift. We all received a tactical pouch that housed a Gerber 06 Tanto automatic knife and a Surefire 6P LED Defender. I wasn't expecting anything and would have been totally happy with the traditional money-clip or flask... but how cool of a groomsmen gift was this little tactical package??? AWESOME!!!

·
Super Moderator
50,609 Posts
Wow! He must like you guys, because he spent some bucks...:yup::yup:...definitely a cool gift package.:hand10:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He is the best! Unfortunately... I imagine the Gerber is 100% illegal in CO due to both blade length AND because it is auto. =(

I'm not 100% sure on the law there (in CO)... but autos can not only NOT be carried... they can't technically even be owned even in the house can they?

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Pretty sweet, great gift idea.

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
"9 groomsmen "????....BIG wedding! Me & the wife eloped to Vegas....we spent the money on ourselves instead of a big wedding....(sorry to be a little off topic)

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Sounds like a good friend. Yeah, I wish I had the money when I got married to spend on the boys, but for my wedding I found some imitation samurai swords. They were pretty cheap, but real steel. We had a lot of fun in the parking lot that night, and I'm pretty sure my mom was freaking out that one of us was going to lose a finger or something.

·
Registered
473 Posts
At my brother's wedding, he gave all the groomsmen a heavy shot glass with pewter on the front with our names inscribed in them. We also all got a shot bottle of Southern Comfort and all toasted at the rehearsal dinner. It was very cool and i use the shot glass every weekend.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shot glasses & samurai swords... both awesome gifts.

At a birthday party for a friend of ours... they went and got about 40 or 50 miniature bottles of liquor and stuffed them inside a pinata and had a couple of people take whacks at it with a samurai sword. Uh... not the brightest idea... but sure beat the hell out of candy. hehe

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
I am in this very situation myself, a groom looking for the right gift. The last wedding I was in I got a fifth of Knob Creek Bourbon...MMMM. I am leaning towards a nice light or knife for my guys as well. Instead of a couple things, I will probably just go a little more on the one thing. Leaning towards a knife right now but it may change, to a nice light.

·
Registered
963 Posts
you didn't see the hidden message, you all will need that stuff to rescue him in about a year

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
A really neat picture .... on the back was pasted 8 business cards of divorce attorneys.... his wife would never know, but he always had them handy , right there on the wall.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm sure people have gotten some pretty cool groomsmen gifts at a wedding before. I'm one of 9 groomsmen for my friend's wedding tomorrow and at the rehearsal brunch today he gave all us groomsmen our gift. We all received a tactical pouch that housed a Gerber 06 Tanto automatic knife and a Surefire 6P LED Defender. I wasn't expecting anything and would have been totally happy with the traditional money-clip or flask... but how cool of a groomsmen gift was this little tactical package??? AWESOME!!!
That is cool!

·
Registered
10,864 Posts
I opened this thread thinking you were looking for suggestions... at the front of my mind was "a nice knife or flashlight." Imagine my surprise when you received BOTH!

Your friend really did it right.
^YEP^^^^^^^ME TOO^^^^^^^

What lucky bums, I'm jelous Good for you guys!!!!!

Okay, I pulled the pin. Now what? Hey! Where are ya going?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts