Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
took my wife's shield out yesterday and showed it a little love for the first time in months, I still think it is one of the best all around Single Stacks to be had and one heck of a bargain in the $400 or less game, 10 yards, 2 mags as fast as I could recover,,,,oh so fine :danceban:

·
Registered
38 Posts
I shoot a shield and love it. Its a great little gun. Nice shooting.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Shield .40 is my EDC. Great gun, and the price is right. I did find the addition of Talon Grips a big help especially for follow up shots.

Reactions: rcsoftexas

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
The S&W Shield isn't a single-stack. It's a "staggered" configuration. The 1911 is a single stack. BTW, nice shootin'! :yup:

Reactions: rcsoftexas

·
Registered
982 Posts
I have one as well, 9mm , and like it a lot , but I find it uncomfortable to EDC for some reason, feels heavy and blocky to me.. I prefer my LCPII for comfort and concealability for EDC . The Shield IS the better gun, and I need to try and get used to it, and stop being a wuss with that little mouse gun just because its so small and light.. bob

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Been carrying my Shield .40 since the day I got my permit and it shoots quite well. Jacket season is upon us up here in da nort and so I am in the market for a double stack .40. Still, I see myself carrying it with a Northface or a sweatshirt on, regardless if I can fit something else under them. It's just a comfy, "full feeling" gun.

Gosh, this post reminds me that I oughta get some trigger fondling time in soon. Its been almost a month since it spit lead.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have one as well, 9mm , and like it a lot , but I find it uncomfortable to EDC for some reason, feels heavy and blocky to me.. I prefer my LCPII for comfort and concealability for EDC . The Shield IS the better gun, and I need to try and get used to it, and stop being a wuss with that little mouse gun just because its so small and light.. bob
the shield isn't my EDC it is my wife's pistol, ,my EDC is the G23

·
Registered
6,956 Posts
I got to hold my sons Shield while he was overseas, It is the biggest gun that I could still pocket carry. I had to choose pants that had deeper pockets. But I shot it well, and it carried well. I hated giving it back! DR

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
I have to say that the M&P series in general is pretty damn amazing for the money.

Between the design, build quality, and price, I think Glock has got a lot to worry about.

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Very nice center line you made. Sweet shooting!

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
took my wife's shield out yesterday and showed it a little love for the first time in months, I still think it is one of the best all around Single Stacks to be had and one heck of a bargain in the $400 or less game, 10 yards, 2 mags as fast as I could recover,,,,oh so fine :danceban:

looking at the groups I was probably going slower on the head shots than the torso, unconsciously taking that extra little bit to get back in the head, on the torso with that string I was running the trigger faster with the 8 as my focal point and shooting whenever the front sight was close to it,,,,I need to improve on my speed/accuracy splits some more

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I always thought the "big-little-gun" was a snub nosed .44 Special? :smile:

Reactions: subhuman

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
the regular shield would be my pick, do not like the vented barrel of the performance center model

1 - 16 of 16 Posts