Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard the term "Boogaloo" lately (and in the past) but not in the context used in this article. Apparently it has to do with "anti-government groups." This is also the first article I've ever read on the website, Vice, and I don't know how reliable/reputable they are, but if any of this is true, it's not good news.

·
Registered
9,152 Posts
I've heard the term "Boogaloo" lately (and in the past) but not in the context used in this article. Apparently it has to do with "anti-government groups." This is also the first article I've ever read on the website, Vice, and I don't know how reliable/reputable they are, but if any of this is true, it's not good news.

They have been around for a while. My views are:
  • Vice is a left leaning news outlet. This video tries to act like it's balanced, but it's not.
  • I am not for armed over-reaction to what's going on in society.
  • We do need some kind of organization around potential armed responses to tyranny and the mainstream conservative organizations aren't doing anything along those lines.
  • This group seems mostly well intentioned, but not particularly well reasoned or well controlled.
  • This group has not proved to be anywhere near as bad as BLM and Antifa on the other side of the spectrum, but where is the in-depth reporting on that? These boogaloo guys are not rioting in the streets, looting and taking over parts of cities.
  • I hope this prompts some cooler heads to get some more responsible leadership around the idea of armed response.
  • We have to expect that any such group, no matter how well reasoned, will get vilified by the media and dogged by the authorities as a threat, while BLM and Antifa are getting a free pass.

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
It's a given that such groups will flourish spurred on by the ever-more outrageous antics of Antifa and BLM. Sooner or later they will come together violently if government doesn't take Antifa and BLM under control.

·
Premium Member
8,084 Posts
Just like many groups some are bad and some are good , i love to taunt the authorities with some chatter . They monitor all the gun forums that i have been , In Maryland we have the Moms Demand Action groups that infiltrate the gun forum .
We work them over as best as possible and have a thread that is a Boogaloo we talk in code . Don't think for a moment our words are not being seen by some friends and foes .

·
Registered
36,373 Posts
The only Boogaloo I ever knew--

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
One take away that I got was that the more extreme of the boogaloo crew is that they are way more anti-government than anti antifa or anti BLM. That is if they even care about antifa or BLM at all outside of using them as cover to do their own thing

·
Registered
7,717 Posts
I was born and spent a small part of my life in the Deep South. Boogaloo, at least in that day and time, referred to ghetto dwelling folks. It wasn't a nice term, on par with the "N" word. I remember the two being used interchangeably.

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was born and spent a small part of my life in the Deep South. Boogaloo, at least in that day and time, referred to ghetto dwelling folks. It wasn't a nice term, on par with the "N" word. I remember the two being used interchangeably.
That's interesting. Obviously must have been a regional thing because like OldVet, when I was younger it always referred to dancing.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I'd think being so spread out, they're much less dangerous, or serious, than the seemingly well organized AntiFa and BLM, just because the authorities don't seem to believe it when a "protest" happens every night for months and each time degrades to a riot or when CHAZ is formed, or the area around a Wendy's is patrolled by armed members, there is an organizational structure with command and control somewhere.
Funny though if you would just swap out the B name for BLM or Antifa you'd find the same information, tactics and training going on. Yet one is dangerous and others are benign?

·
Premium Member
4,649 Posts
Can't link the podcast yet, as it was only aired this morning. NPR interviewed the head of content (?) for facepalm this morning. NEVER in the past about 40 years, have I heard such "a slimy weasel" be able to avoid a 3-5 minute interview, without answering a SINGLE question with "ANY KIND OF ANSWER" relating to "said question"! Even when interviewer asked "direct questions AND specified a YES or NO answer" this guy spieled some "cockamamie crap"! He could go to work for the devil in hell as a "vacation getaway sales agent"! Any way, they (interviewer) discussed that since first of the year, something like 130+ (?) sites had been shut down with that name "Boogaloo" in them, AND yet, since that time a "LARGE AMOUNT" had re-surfaced. I'll post podcast when they make available. In the mean time here's a print article I found interesting. (FYI, if you keep up with Brandon Herrera, the AK manufacture/u-tub poster, he's been parodying them for a year or more??)

Reactions: G26Raven

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Much ado about nothing, IMO.

Many on the right have talked about an eventual SHTF event, WROL, civil war, TEOTWAWKI, etc., and potential for societal collapse. Some folks on various forums casually commented that yeah, whatever, they're ready to dance if/when the time comes. Then someone associated the name of the boogaloo dance with the concept of being ready to dance with the WROL event if/when it comes, describing the time the little green men come as "the boogaloo".

The pro-antifa and pro-BLM media is merely trying to create a bogeyman on the right to distract from their anarchist activities. The left is great at ignoring their own behavior and projecting it on others.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
The only Boogaloo I ever knew--

My all time favorite is the Pissed Off Pigeon. Not as well known or applicable to insurrection but fun to watch. Lots of strutting and head bobbing. Cool stuff.

Reactions: G26Raven

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
From what articles I've read, the real beginning on this "boogaloo" BS began with an idiotic FBI agent labelling them as a potential terrorist group. I cannot find any hard evidence suggesting they are anything other than more vocal like minded people to the members here. Some of them being more crazy sounding, but with no action apparently being taken.

I believe that the fuss being made about the "boogaloo" movement is a smokescreen to divert attention away from the real terrorists that ARE organized and committing crimes right now.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Lessee why they might be concerned with something like the boogaloo over #BLM

76+ days #BLM screams, yells, throw fireworks and shines lasers. Pretty bad and ugly and lots of vandalism

Oklahoma City: Timothy McVeigh with the help of a couple of like minded friends...well I hope I don't need to tell you what that was like

#BLM and Antifa are pissants at a picnic in comparison to what has been seen from right wing groups

·
Premium Member
4,649 Posts
Here's the pod cast from NPR Business interviewing the head of facepalm "head of cybersecurity policy". Like I said, weasel's & the devil could learn from this guy. Most probably vetted by the owner himself! A 9 minute listen, but easier than reading the transcript in my opinion. ALSO, hearing him say the words "really makes it creepy". Go to this link, & click play on "9 minute listen" at top of the page. Sorry I couldn't download as a direct attachment.

Reactions: Hoganbeg
1 - 20 of 38 Posts