Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The following are excerpts taken from the Pensacola News Journal on Tues.,May 31,2005. On Monday (May 30) there was a rally at the Martin Luther King Jr. Plaza. "The crowd protested a law that guarantees people will not be prosecuted for using deadly force against intruders on their property." " Critics: Bill can easily be misinterpreted." " --- near the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. bust on the Palafox Street median,about 100 people softly sang hymns about a time when black people were oppressed." "And that,the impromptu singers believe,continues today." " Instead of slavery,the chains now come in the form of laws that are a threat to the black community,said a number of speakers at the two hour rally Monday." "The issue:Florida Senate Bill 436,signed last month by Gov. Jeb Bush. It guarantees that people aren't prosecuted for using deadly force against intruders on their property." " --- critics say that the bill just gives people a license to kill that can easily be abused or misinterpreted." " What about all those people who perpetuate hate and who will use this as an act of aggression? Said the Rev. Hugh King,president of the Pensacola chapter of the Christian Leadership Conference,the orginization that conducted the event.""We live in some scary times right now,said Susan Watson,president of the local chapter of the ACLU. Watson,who is white,rhetorically asked the crowd if they believe that the law would be applied equally to her and to a black man.""Chicago Alderman Dorthy Tillman,formaly of Pensacola,said the law will lead to open war on black males." "It's almost a way to eliminate people. Black men will be under the ground more than ever."" A lot of people are going to be killed,she said."We need to protest and try to change this law,it's just crazy."" Annie Winn,62,brought her 5 and 11 year old great grandchildren to listen to the speakers." ---------- The above aren't my words but direct quotes from the Pensacola News Journal.---- This makes me wonder about a few things. Are we (CCW'ers) being sterotyped as some kind of white supremicist racist ? A bunch of "good ol boys/bubba's white trash killers?? A group of people that will go out and start looking for a excuse to excerise our right to kill other people and then make BS excuses for doing it ?? I grew up here in Pensacola. I have never been a bigot and my father and his father likewise. I want to exercise my RIGHT to self defense. Why do these people(white and black) have to get the people stirred up again. It reminds me of school busing in the 60's(although it wasn't exactly the same). Oh well,----hope that I haven't got the rest of you kind folk as PO'ed as I have gotten over this. I just felt that the rest of you ought to be informed of how we are being sterotyped. This IMHO.------ Also for you Fla residents, the new inhanced version of the Castle Doctrin does not take effect until Oct.1,2005.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
They probably feel that they have a right to be concerned. "White Mans Law" doesn't apply to them, and now a major source of their income could be affected. I feel their pain.

·
Registered
83 Posts
This is the same type of race baiting the libs are so well known for on every issue. This is the crap that Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton do all the time. The worst part of it all is that the largest perveyors of race baiting, racial division, and racism in general are not the Klan or Nazis but the "black leadership". They are true slime that profit from the hardships of others and are some of the worst people on this Earth. Sellouts them all.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Anti-gunners will use any means at their hands to ensure we don't have our rights, even if that means employing the most lowdown and dirty of tactics, lying and smearing the good names of honest, law-abiding citizens everywhere. The ACLU is notorious for ignoring the right to keep and bear arms.

While playing the race card is hardly a new tactic, it doesn't make me any less angry when it's used. I've been called a racist on more than one occasion, merely because I'm a gun owner. :rolleyes:

So what are these antis doing? Defending burglars because they may be black. Defending home invasions because the perps may be black. Defending rapists because they may be black. To them, it seems if a black man is shot while in the process of a crime on someone else's property, it must be because he's black, not because he's a burglar or a rapist or a thug. :rolleyes: Who's the racist now?

I don't care if you're black, white, yellow, brown, or purple with green spots - don't break into people's houses. And any color of person has the right to defend their homes and lives.

·
Registered
94 Posts
My take on this is to use equal force in a defensive mode. I believe the anti's are interpreting this as an attack and not actually learning what it really is. This is to stop an agression and not the other way around. As for the black male statement; are they indicating that it is the black male that will be the aggressor or home invader? If so, maybe this would be a lesson on not invading a home or attacking anyone. Not a racist issue but for anyone involved.

·
Registered
473 Posts
i'm not racist or sexist. if a person or persons are trying to harm me or mine, i don't care what race/sex they are. equal opportunity defense is spoken here. :biggrin:

·
Registered
195 Posts
craig45 said:
i'm not racist or sexist. if a person or persons are trying to harm me or mine, i don't care what race/sex they are. equal opportunity defense is spoken here. :biggrin:

+1.

·
Administrator
143,591 Posts
What We Want!!!

We want to break into your house and rob you (or worse) but we don't wanna get shot while we're doing it????
That makes absolutely no sense. :confused:

·
Super Moderator
25,537 Posts
craig45 said:
You make them all the same race....... EXTINCT :brutal19:

·
Registered
868 Posts
My guess is there are a fair number of black people who get into problems early in life and no longer qualify to own a firearm. Their leadership the NAACP is for gun control and it would seem against the constitution. I do have feelings for the poor black person unable to get a job because of education or lack of it, raising children at an early age and so on. I believe as a group they have failed to understand how to progress and make things better for their family. There are spots of very well educated blacks with nice homes and good jobs. The blck community understands solving issues by gathering and blaming somebody for their problems, their leaders must get money from the government to help lead them to God knows where. I really wish for a group of people that they would attack the issue which is gain an education early in life. After all my wandering I do believe a community that gains money by entering peoples homes will be afraid of laws benifiting a home owner/resident.
I do not like to see any group of people held down in life because of their color or where they are from.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
I was going to ramble here (again) but I get so steamed up with so many aspects, probably better I desist!

As ever - ''them and us'' - forever thus. :frown: How great it would be if the true CCW could be seen as simply, an individual taking up their right of potential self defence. No need for ''attack'' to enter into it - that's what BG's do.

We would tho be well helped if the ''image'' of gunnies generally was less ''assault'', less ''tactical'', less ''sniper'' ........ less accent on camo and military wannabees. I dress always casual - very casual - but in essense am not especially different from most folks in my area - there's nothing that should really stereotype me in anti's minds at all - other than ol' phart! :biggrin:

Yet again tho I think - this is all about control anyways - not guns. Tell ya what tho - when the anti's find a good way to control crime and BG's then they might be doing something useful. Disarming stand up folks ain't the way to do THAT!

Drat - said I wouldn't ramble <mutter> ........ :rolleyes:

·
Registered
868 Posts
I do admit to not understanding one aspect of their argument about more blacks going to their grave. Is their main point that only blacks will be invading your home and you will shoot to defend yourself??? Naw, its all about gun control and gun control groups.
If I were a guy that relied upon breaking into peoples homes for my living I would consult with family and friends for an opinion if this is still a viable way to earn my keep(read drug money).

·
Registered
83 Posts
The so-called black leaders will use whatever is needed to stay in power and to feel important even if it means using racial tactics and demogogery. These people are just as bad if not worse then lib politikos.

·
Registered
998 Posts
So it's another case of white opressing the black? That is rediculous. Those speakers don't realize what they are actually saying about black males. Looks to me like they are saying that black males will die as a result of this law because black males will be the ones creating the threatening situation. Simple solution: if you don't want to get shot leave other folks alone.

Oh, and yes I believe that CCW folks are characterized as white racist by a lot of people. I'm a Chrerokee; so, I don't know where I fit in.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I don't care if you're black, white, yellow, brown, or purple with green spots - don't break into people's houses. And any color of person has the right to defend their homes and lives
how dare you?? you have too many violent tendancies! how do you know that the individual trespassing in your home is a threat? you cant just start shooting at the first thing that moves! blood in the streets! the sky is falling!

if there does happen to be an increase in bodies being buried, i'll put a shiny nickel on the increase being attributable to gangbanger-on-gangbanger rather than concerned citizen-on-peopleofcolor.

·
Registered
112 Posts
What John Wayne has to say about the issue

"Mister, I ain't got a bigoted bone in my body--you don't drop that ax, I'll blast you to hell as quick as I would a white man."

·
Banned
693 Posts
There's an odd twist that must be considered here. As I've stated before, the largest demographic of white people in prison are bikers. But also consider that 3/4's of that prison population is minority.

In a left-handed sort of way, many minority mothers know that the odds dictate their sons will be arrested when growing up. A few years ago I watched a TV program about +/-35 year old black women who were having trouble finding suitable black husbands. The biggest factor was that men their age were either in prison or dead.

That's the situation now. What is the projected outcome if a majority of American citizens are armed and retaliate against crime? All of a sudden a colored rag on their son isn't a simple designation of a gang affiliation, it's a target. And the tide is already turning, as history always plays out.

The Clantons ruled, and then the West was won. Tamanny Hall ruled, and then crumbled. The Mafia was feared, and then jailed. And then the Bloods and the Cripps applied their trade. Now you cannot even go to a music awards show without one coast killing another.

I don't think it's racist. I see scores of one confused mother after another watching their sons fall like duck pins. It will be a messy, highly debated era in history. Call it what you will, but my mother has sons, as well.

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
RidemCowboy said:
"Mister, I ain't got a bigoted bone in my body--you don't drop that ax, I'll blast you to hell as quick as I would a white man."
That's a good one and applies very well to my way of thinking. Want to blame someone for the ills that minorities suffer? Blame their "leadership", who's job it is to garner support and special treatment of their particular racial group....

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
The idea of people being able to shoot first, and claim threat later, is a scary one. Unfortunately, the people who are likely to do this under the color of law, are also the ones who were likely to do this, illegally. And this is how the expansion of the Castle Doctrine has been characterized by the anti-gunners - as a means for people to shoot first and ask questions later. There are people out there who do that. They are not usually the kind of person who files for and receives a CCW permit. Unfortunately, because the law applies to CCW's, anytime a thug decides to shoot someone under color of the new law because they felt dissed, the CCW permit holders will be associated with the stink.

I think the fear being expressed is that people of color who do not pose a threat will be shot without true cause, that black men will be shot because the implication is that whites fear black men (in itself an incredibly racist stereotype) and will shoot first and claim threat later.

Time will prove that CCW's are not the ones to fear, but I worry that the press is going to do its best to attach guilt by association in Florida.

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
equal opportunity also includes..

craig45 said:
While we're at it, we need to revise the definitions of JUVENILE DELINQUENCY so as to preclude violent offenses from being automatically plea bargained away until the punk hits 18. I feel if you're old enough to commit a crime of violence, and old enough to use a gun to commit that crime then you're old enough to GET SHOT by your intended victim! Folks who do this need to be praised rather than vilified by society, assuming of course the shoot is deemed justifiable. But I am SO SICK of hearing about the perpetrator being a poor misunderstood child a victim of the streets...yada yada yada...

1 - 20 of 53 Posts