Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Administrator
143,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sort of a neat item for those folks that said they need to travel to places that they cannot carry a conventional weapon.
This looks like about the best defensive "Walking Stick" available.
Unbreakable laminated fiberglass rod with a decorative Stainless Steel Ball Top. Looks like a real BG skull crusher.
On sale all over the web for around $59.00 so don't pay the full retail of $80.00 bucks for one.

It's called the COLD STEEL CITY STICK
You can tell everybody that you're a Magician! :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I moved your thread - mwaHAha! :biggrin:

That stick does look like a formidable weapon. :biggrin:

·
Administrator
143,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Betty

You may move one of my threads any day and to any place. :biggrin:
Thanks Betty.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Not THAT ball top handle has potential!!!
:biggrin:

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
If you've ever played with batons or sticks, this is incredibly lethal. Personally, I really like a forceful groin chop, from "resting cane position"........"right ball- back pocket" :eek:

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Cold Steel has a wooden version called a "Walk About" stick. I love mine. This version looks too ummmmm dapper for the likes of me.

Here's a link: http://www.coldsteel.com/91wacx.html

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
I am thinking more and more - these old bones are gonna have to have a cane! :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
ExSoldier762 said:
Cold Steel has a wooden version called a "Walk About" stick. I love mine. This version looks too ummmmm dapper for the likes of me.

Here's a link: http://www.coldsteel.com/91wacx.html
Have you seen the well-to-do
Up and down Park Avenue
On that famous thoroughfare
With their noses in the air

High hats and narrow collars
White spats and lots of dollars
Spending every dime
For a wonderful time

Now, if you're blue
And you don't know where to go to
Why don't you go where fashion sits
Puttin' on the Ritz
Different types who wear a daycoat
Pants with stripes and cutaway coat
Perfect fits
Puttin' on the Ritz

Dressed up like a million dollar trooper
Trying hard to look like Gary Cooper
Super-duper

Come, let's mix where Rockefellers
Walk with sticks or "umberellas"
In their mitts
Puttin' on the Ritz

------ short instrumental break ------

Tips his hat just like an English chappie
To a lady with a wealthy pappy
Very snappy

You'll declare it's simply topping
To be there and hear them swapping
Smart tidbits
Puttin' on the Ritz

·
Registered
135 Posts
"Speak softly and carry a big stick." -- Theodore Roosevelt

In this case a modern Hitech stick made of space age laminates and stainless steel alloys.
It will definitely deliver a good old fashond thump to the head though.

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
best to reseach your states laws before hand. In MI it would be questionable if it is legal or not. However a walking stick , made for the purpose of walking would be.

·
Registered
195 Posts
The use of a cane/walking stick in public by a otherwise healthy person leads me to ask some questions. What would be the perception of the average LE officer to seeing a 31 year old walking down a city block carrying a big stick with a shiny metal ball on the end of it be? Also, someone walking with, and carrying a cane may seem to be more inviting to a BG. If a cane was used in self defensive in this situation would a eager liberal prosocuter be more likely to charge the user with "Criminal Baiting"? Just some thoughts that come to mind.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
I have wondered re a healthy - anyways, young person - unless a faked limp is added.

I don't think it need necessarily be more attractive to a BG - that will depend on the individuals outgoing ''victim'' vibes. A walk with a cane but including an assured ''don't mess with me'' attitude should suffice.

I can get away with it tho - beard near white - very graying hair and a slight ''uncomfortable'' gait. Plus I do not look too friendly sometimes! :biggrin: Of course, under most circumstances I will be accompanied anyways by Mr SIG! :smile:

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
It all depends on your situation. I know I carry a knife just about everywhere, especially those places I can't carry a gun. If I were going someplace formal that a gun was not legally allowed at, a classy looking cane would be just the thing to give you some reach. If you were hiking (or dressed for hiking), a wooden walking stick would not look strange.

Just consider it a possible tool for self defense.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I don;t think a stick is that much of give-away. Depends on the type. The crook top ones look prinnocuous. I'm 39, but like to use a cane if I'm walking anywhere particularly if it stop/start stuff like museums/zoos/art fairs etc, otherwise the arthritis in my knee gets really painful.

·
Registered
329 Posts
It's esy for me, because I have a bad back due to an inattentive driver. Let me tell you one thing, if you look like you need a cane people will assume you need a cane. Pay attention to your body language, because the public will.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Brian45 said:
The use of a cane/walking stick in public by a otherwise healthy person leads me to ask some questions. What would be the perception of the average LE officer to seeing a 31 year old walking down a city block carrying a big stick with a shiny metal ball on the end of it be? Also, someone walking with, and carrying a cane may seem to be more inviting to a BG. If a cane was used in self defensive in this situation would a eager liberal prosocuter be more likely to charge the user with "Criminal Baiting"? Just some thoughts that come to mind.
This relates to the many "Intention" laws on the books. Basically,(bluntly) you have to calculate the number of dicks per patrol unit in your locality. If the # of dicks is high, you may be "tagged" if you carry your SureFire, or Inova. Carrying this thinking (by the citizen or LE) to its logical conclusion, you will never be armed, or defend yourself, in extremis. I venture to say that everyone here carries impact "weapons" of one sort or another. Regarding "baiting", this is why I would not affect a limp. If a BG assaults an apparently healthy individual, with "exquisite posture", and if you comport yourself as a "Gentleman/-woman", I think you could more than hold your own with any competent attorney.

Canes are a "fashion accessory"; you should have one for any style of dress you feel it would be appropriate to carry one. Slacks & polo shirt- a City Stick with the faux cocoblo head, or one of the "less hefty" all-wood CS canes. Business/casual business attire, travelling to a downtown area (Chicago, NY, SD, etc., )- the SS ball would not be out of place.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts