Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First let me give credit where it is due. This is not my orginal question. While visiting an other forum this question was posted by another person. But, some of the responses did bring a smile to my face :biggrin: . Anyone want to share any 'cool' things you had fun shooting. :eek:

·
Registered
115 Posts
T-62 tank with a TOW missile was pretty cool.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Cool target

Tannerite. OK, I didn't pull the trigger, but I was sitting there. Cool stuff, I gotta get me some of that :D

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Empty propane cylinders brought out by propane company are pretty fun different sound for what round.

Charcoal bricks are pretty fun

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Cans of compressed air used for cleaning out computers. My dad ended up with a case of them. We would throw them in the air and shoot them with shotguns. If you just winged one, it would shoot off like a rocket.

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
With a conventional firearm, a Macintosh Computer. I hated that computer.

Otherwise I liked the APC with a LAW rocket.

-Scott-

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Personally? ... most fun was had with my ol' Jungle Carbine and a load of milsurp ammo - directed at an old truck gearbox ... and back axle. Many many holes where made ... with predictable grin factor.

Propane bottles do good - true - also (at a safe distance) ... shot up a few of those small propane bottles ... whilst they stood close to a bed of burning oily rag. On perforation ... gas escapes and a good fireball can be had. :tongue:

Best I have observed - is at a machine gun shoot - ol' SUV - hammered by 50 cal and 20mm cannon etc ... transmogrified into a total colander! :biggrin:

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
Absolutely propane cylinders are great fun, I would pour coleman fuel into the sand then put a canister near it and light off the fuel. get back about 50 meters and shoot the canister with the AR-15. Impressive fireball and the canister went whistling through the air. (in our direction, I might add!!).

Of course lighting up a fuel dump in Vietnam with a minigun was great fun too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Golf balls are good fun,

Best targets I've seen was the SOF show in Vegas where they used 1/2 a stick of dynamite in a gallon of gas. Gives a fireball felt at more than 50 yards!

·
Premium Member
20,044 Posts
Deuce 'n' a half (2-1/2 ton truck for non military) on a Ft Hood tank range with an M60A1 tank. We took the whole front end off of it... :biggrin:

·
Super Moderator
25,558 Posts
Our demo range on Okinawa with an (M2?) grease gun we'd picked up. It was a great way to get rid of surplus .45 ammo, and sure beat just putting it on the demo shot.

·
Super Moderator
19,008 Posts
M-60 tanks and M113 APC's with a .50 BMG. They are normally used as Air to ground targets for A-10's.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
just the other day, bowling ball from a 4 3/8ths bbl S&W 500. KABOOM

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Another one for AOL CDs.
Water balloons.
Fresh cow pies. :biggrin:

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
*************Inanimate objects only*************
Does it count if the LIVE TOW round hit an APC 800yds down range that had a steer inside that ummmm wandered onto the range? I think of that shot everytime I have a shredded beef burrito.

Other than that, it's got to be an M1 Abrams Main Gun round into an old BMP from Gulf War ' 91 while the tank was doing over 30mph and airborne over a small hill. Fired at the apex with a SABOT and scored a hit at 1200 meters.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
That's cheating LOL. :D

·
Administrator
143,812 Posts
Way Cool

Ostrich Eggs :biggrin:
They are massive & they EXPLODE into a huge mess!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts