Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"The dam has burst" - that's what the guy said when I called my local Sportmans Warehouse asking if they had any .40 ammo in stock. He said 380, 9mm and 22lr were still in short supply but that he had 1,000's of rounds of .40, 45 and AR ammo. They don't even keep it behind the customer service anymore. Walked in and went to the ammo section and picked up 2 50 round boxes of 40 for 18.99/19.99 and checked out. First time I've done that since last November. Was pretty great to see, now I'll top it off with a range trip after work or Tom. Hope everything else will follow soon. Glad to have my G23 as my EDC :).

Reactions: dV8r

·
Registered
938 Posts
Well maybe a small flood gate has been partially opened.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Wish I could find some 9mm ammo. I have found a few boxes of SD ammo but no FMJ at all.

·
Registered
206 Posts
On Thursday morning local Sportsman's Wearhouse has ammo. They are typically sold out by the end of the day, especially .22LR, 9mm and 5.56.

·
Super Moderator
17,120 Posts
We’re too far downstream; ammo is still in short supply here.

·
Premium Member
2,921 Posts
Things are slowly getting better. I was able to purchase 150 rounds of 9mm last weekend. I need to replenish my 45 ACP stockpile and haven't had the opportunity yet. I'm hoping in the next week or so I'll find it on the shelves. 40 and 357 Sig seem to be in overstock conditions right now.

·
Banned
2,030 Posts
Went to Walmart today, checked the ammo section, expecting the same empty shelves and there was ammunition. Not just one box, but several calibers, all of which I shoot. For the first time in months, I actually had to make a choice. I bought a 100 round box of WWB for my 45, Federal 357 and something called Brassmax 9mm from Tulammo ($13 a box). Anyway, it was a good feeling to see that much ammo. The dam might have sprung a leak.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Wish a few minor levies would break in my area. Supply is still spotty at best. Makes me glad that I laid in a nice little supply after the great Obammoscare of '08, but I'd love a chance to replenish what little I've shot so far.

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
No 9mm & .357 either around here. Anything else you can probably find some place, but I wouldn't call it anything close to "high volume" or "common" yet.

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
Today Scheel's just got another few cases of 9mm 147gr Blazer in. I must be in the minority as I like this stuff. While I do save brass to reload I have several ice cream pails worth already. Blazer is cheap, it runs well in my guns and I don't feel bad leaving it on the range floor.

The ammo situation locally here is excellent...except of course for .22lr!

·
Premium Member
6,318 Posts
At 9AM last Saturday, my WalMart had 9MM, 380 and 45 auto. I thought I had been time-warped back to 2002.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I went gun shopping yesterday and the first thing I did was look at their ammo shelf. Then I looked at all of their guns. I went aiming to buy a naa 22mag but didn't see any ammo for it on the shelf so I spent time looking at every gun in the cases thinking that I was going to need to change my plan. An older guy behind the counter started talking to me and I told him what I came to buy but didn't see any ammo for it so I was looking at everything to maybe decide on something different. He said that they keep ammo back to sell with new guns so that the buyer wouldn't be buying a gun that he couldn't get ammo for. He went to check and came back and said that he had ONE box of 50 count .22mag for $23 but it was the good ammo. I bought the naa mini revolver and that one box of ammo.
They had plenty of 9mm and 40 and some .38, and some makarov and that was about it.

·
Banned
2,030 Posts
I went gun shopping yesterday and the first thing I did was look at their ammo shelf. Then I looked at all of their guns. I went aiming to buy a naa 22mag but didn't see any ammo for it on the shelf so I spent time looking at every gun in the cases thinking that I was going to need to change my plan. An older guy behind the counter started talking to me and I told him what I came to buy but didn't see any ammo for it so I was looking at everything to maybe decide on something different. He said that they keep ammo back to sell with new guns so that the buyer wouldn't be buying a gun that he couldn't get ammo for. He went to check and came back and said that he had ONE box of 50 count .22mag for $23 but it was the good ammo. I bought the naa mini revolver and that one box of ammo.
They had plenty of 9mm and 40 and some .38, and some makarov and that was about it.
You might have paid a little too much for the ammo, but you got yourself a great little gun. good luck

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
I notice that the prices keep inching down too. the last time I looked at one of these threads a couple of weeks ago and checked gunbot, the lowest price for 9mm FMJ was 30/32 cents per round. I just looked and there are choices starting at 28 cents. I think that by the end of the year, we may be back to pre Sandy Hook pricing. Guns are already back to pre panic prices

·
Premium Member
7,805 Posts
I'm so sick of seeing .22 Super Colibri at the top of the ammo finders. And 10 cents a round to boot.

·
Banned
732 Posts
It's going to be a long time before anything resembling a burst dam is seen anywhere in the U.S. It will be measured in years, not months.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
The dam has sprung ah leak but it an't busted . . . yet

Prices are returning too be within reason again & stock is trickling in but the dam taint busted by no-means . . . . yet

And until WW's, Bass Pro, Cabela's, and Gander Mtn's ammo-cupboards resembles what they were back in Oct 2012 then the ammo-dam hasn't busted . . . . yet

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
Been buying as much .40 as I need for $18 per 50 for over 6 months. 9mm is still impossible to get at reasonable prices.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts