Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 315 Posts

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys 90% of us would grab our shotgun if you could grab only one on the way out.
It's the king of home defense, So show us what scattergun you trust!

I am working on some things this week for mine, what have you one done to yours?

This just replaced my 870 express.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Nice gun, CD!

Not much I plan to do for this. Maybe a light on the pump and one of those nifty Knoxx SpecOps Recoil Reducing stocks. But I love it the way it is.

·
Premium Member
6,260 Posts

Mossberg 835, slugster 24" smoothbore barrel chambered to 3.5, TrueGlo fiber front sight, B-Square mount & Tasco Red Dot.

·
Registered
737 Posts

Mossberg 590 SP w/ghost sight.

Reactions: equin

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
OK, those are some good looking rigs and it leads me to my question of what would be a good first shotgun?

I own many hunting rifles and 1 pistol (for now) and am looking for a good shotgun that won't aggravate the Wife on cost but I can gradually modify to "make my own".

·
Registered
737 Posts
Paco said:
I own many hunting rifles and 1 pistol (for now) and am looking for a good shotgun that won't aggravate the Wife on cost but I can gradually modify to "make my own."
12GA Mossberg Maverick 88, 18.5" BBL. Can be had between 150 & 200 USD new in box.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts

Mossberg 500. Picked it up used for $75. Got the 20" barrel with rifle sights for another $50. Works great.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I have the same 590A1. What light mount to you have? I want a light but do like the bayonet on mine :smile:
Leapers Tri Rail Mount

I haven't seen a pic of your 590A1 with bayonet attached, but I think a light source is more essential to a home defense long gun than a bayonet. More than likely, if you are ever called to take up arms in defense of your home, it'll happen during the night. That's why didn't think twice before I sacrificed the bayo mount for the light.

·
Premium Member
4,456 Posts
The Benelli M2 is right next to my bed. The Winchester Mod 97 stays in my office on the other side of the house. What you see in the picture is pretty much the barrel lengths, the edge of the photo just cuts off the end by a little.

Attachments

·
Registered
737 Posts
Nice gun cuda66, great price. Now that I've acquired an evil black hi cap 12 gauge and gotten that out of my system, I have a strong desire for a classic 870 Magnum with the walnut fore end and stock. There's something very cool about wood on a blued scatter gun IMO. Anyone know where to find one at a reasonable price??

Reactions: OD*

·
Registered
737 Posts
bmcgilvray, I've never seen a shottie that looks like yours. How interesting the receiver is, and the finish on the barrel. Circa what years where they made?

·
Registered
941 Posts
I believe those are actually designed around the old BAR's. My father and late grandfather both had deer rifles that looked just like that, and one of my friends has a shottie that resembles that quite well.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Now that you mention it, it does looks like a BAR, doesn't it?

·
Super Moderator
50,575 Posts
My camera pic's are always too big...:confused::confused:

But my HD shottie is a 'reworked' Stoeger Coach Gun...in 12ga...

It's a keeper...:image035:

1 - 20 of 315 Posts