Defensive Carry banner
281 - 300 of 324 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
OK, those are some good looking rigs and it leads me to my question of what would be a good first shotgun?

I own many hunting rifles and 1 pistol (for now) and am looking for a good shotgun that won't aggravate the Wife on cost but I can gradually modify to "make my own".
I've got a Remi. 870 and love it, cost effective and lots of add ons/mods available.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
My KSG was sent back to Kel Tec not once but twice. The first time I couldn't rack the darn thing to eject empty shells and load in live ones. The action was very stiff and at times would lock up completely even on Kel Tec's recommended high brass loads. The second time was due to one of the magazine tubes double feeding. I just got it back last week and it has worked a lot better but doesn't like Remington 00 buckshot for some reason and has constant failures to eject. The spent shells get hung up on the chamber and cause jams for subsequent rounds. However it'll feed and eject Federal 00 buckshot with no problem. I also had the chance to finally shoot my new Remington 870 and as expected it works like a charm!

·
Registered
713 Posts
I have modified my Mossy 930 some, but it is still pretty basic. Most mods are internal. I added an OR3GUN spacer tube and plunger for more reliable cycling of short brass. And I had the lifter welded and polished to dramatically reduce the 930's appetite for my right thumb on fast reloads. And I refinished it myself with some brake caliper paint and a 200deg oven. A very durable finish, and less than $5.

I like it. The 930 Does what I need it to Do. I ran 20-25 shells through it yesterday. Very soft shooter for a 12 ga. And I THOROUGHLY KILLED a silhouette target.

Firearm Gun Rifle Trigger Shotgun

Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Air gun

Firearm Gun Trigger Shotgun Airsoft

Microphone Everyday carry Audio equipment Shotgun Airsoft

Gun Firearm Trigger Air gun Shotgun

·
Premium Member
3,815 Posts
I played with my 870 a little
Rifle front sight
Large aperture rear sight
Extended magazine tube
DIY Delrin follower
Wilson mag spring
refinished 1960's 870 riot/LE furniture with corncob forend
Stocks found from Alaska prison system.
Put a 1907 leather sling on it, great!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Maverick 88

12GA Mossberg Maverick 88, 18.5" BBL. Can be had between 150 & 200 USD new in box.

I've been looking at the Maverick, waiting for it to go back on sale at Dicks. I'm going to a show this weekend though so I may pick up something used instead. Any suggestions on making sure I'm not getting a piece of junk? I'm new to shotguns, been a handgun owner for many years.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Gun Trigger Airsoft Airsoft gun Air gun Gun Firearm Trigger Airsoft Air gun Gun Firearm Rifle Trigger Air gun Gun Rifle Firearm Airsoft gun Shooting sport Gun Airsoft Airsoft gun Shooting Optical instrument

Bennelli M4 Super 90

I home defense carry # 4 buckshot. 27 pellets the approximate size of a .25 caliber round. Weapon holds 8 rounds plus I can float 1
for a total of 9 rounds. With the Argo System the weapon can fire 8 rounds in 1 second. This equates to 216 pieces
of lead the size of a .25 caliber round discharged from the weapon in 1 second. OUCH !!!!!!
Blessings :usa:

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'll play again with a re-post. I had a Luigi Franchi Law 12, but bad times hit back in 2012 and I sold it. I have a chance to get another Law 12 NIB which I'm pursuing now.

That put me down to my only and first tactical shotty...the venerable Winchester 1200 Defender. I was in the Navy 24 years and I wanted my wife to have something for home defense that she could handle. It's pictured here with a Ruger GP100 stainless 6" (which I also had to sell):
Gun Firearm Shotgun Trigger Air gun

·
Registered
19 Posts
Looks awesome. Needs one of those new adapters and a zhukov forend.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Wow thats gorgeous. Have the magpul stock and forend on my mossberg 590A1. Didn't know I could tactical out my A300 trap gun :)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
22,551 Posts
Correct. Airidus adapter and the Magpul Mossberg stock.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info, JD, I did not realize it used the Mossy butt-stock. Good to know!

(looks great as it is, BTW :hand2:)

281 - 300 of 324 Posts