Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Reloading Forum on this site appears to be "The Dead Zone". I can only conclude that almost all the guys here with their plastic autoloaders are shooting store bought ammo.

Don

·
Registered
10,770 Posts
There are a number of people here who reload, including myself, but that's not the primary focus of this site. If you're looking for a daily dose of reloading information and discussion, this ain't it, although there are some very knowledgable reloaders here (I don't count myself among them). "Carry" is the primary/operative word about what goes on here.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not here to win friends, but I would settle for trying to influence people if I can locate any reloaders here.

Don

·
Premium Member
5,483 Posts
The Reloading Forum on this site appears to be "The Dead Zone". I can only conclude that almost all the guys here with their plastic autoloaders are shooting store bought ammo.

Don
If you want reloading discussions, try the Handloaders Bench, or the Reloaders Nest. Reloading is not our main purpose.

I see you are a NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor. Maybe you should post something of value. BTW, I reload myself. Dillon 550B, Redding Dies.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Not into reloading right now ,plenty of primers, powder bullets and brass but right now don't need more ammo. Got to do some unloading first

No dead zone. If there is anything you want to know you most likely find it here. All kinds of solid info.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you want reloading discussions, try the Handloaders Bench, or the Reloaders Nest. Reloading is not our main purpose.

I see you are a NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor. Maybe you should post something of value. BTW, I reload myself. Dillon 550B, Redding Dies.
Am on a lot of sites where reloading is not their main purpose, and they seem to have a healthy reloading forum. Just trying to bring some reloaders out of the woodwork here if possible. Tried posting something here (http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/reloading/296625-mp-molds-europes-finest.html) and ended up just talking to myself. Thanks flintlock62 for telling us about your reloading equipment.

Don

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
There's lots of reloaders/hand loaders on this forum. I usually take a look when someone makes a post.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Been reloading on and off for 20 years. Started with handgun, moved into mostly shotgun, now getting back into handgun again. Rifle has been very sporadic.

I learned something from this thread though. I had no idea there was such a thing as a NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor.

I guess I've been instructed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,266 Posts
Hi, I am Bob and I have been a reloader for 40 years...... My dad, who was a mechanical engineer taught me a thing or two. I reload for 357 magnum, 44 magnum, 44 Special, 44 Russian, 45 ACP, 308, 30-06, 223 Heck I even have an old Lee handloader for the 380 ACP.

These days I mostly load for my 44's and 223, though I did just buy a 300 AAC pistol barrel......

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So, there ARE some reloaders on this site.:congrats: Yeah, I became a NRA Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor last year. I have reloaded for 40 years and am getting ready to retire, so I thought teaching reloading would give me something to do, as well as pass on some knowledge to the younger generation. Lately, my passion has been casting hollowpoint bullets. There is a guy in Slovenia that makes these beautiful brass molds that turn out really nice hollowpoints. Surprised that more guys don't take up casting, since the bullet is the most expensive component in reloading. I am actually able to shoot my centerfire handguns for less than rimfire ammo costs.

Don

·
Registered
10,770 Posts
So, there ARE some reloaders on this site. There is a guy in Slovenia that makes these beautiful brass molds that turn out really nice hollowpoints. Surprised that more guys don't take up casting, since the bullet is the most expensive component in reloading. I am actually able to shoot my centerfire handguns for less than rimfire ammo costs.
I like reloading, and I am retired, too, but I have a lot of other things I do with my time. Reloading is maybe 5-10% of my time.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts