143,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Something Different

Thought it might "pass the time" for some people. :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
I guess someone has to try this stuff out - just to see what happens. :wink:

From that POV it is interesting but I think we can say - not especially useful in the context of the ''disappearing ice bullet'' and a homicide.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
The show Mythbusters on the Discovery Channel did a show on this, trying different ways to freeze the bullets for varying degrees of hardness, etc. They could never get the bullet to stay together. I think it was a season or two ago, but you could probably check the show archives on the web. Interesting, though.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Camjr said:
The show Mythbusters on the Discovery Channel did a show on this, trying different ways to freeze the bullets for varying degrees of hardness, etc. They could never get the bullet to stay together. I think it was a season or two ago, but you could probably check the show archives on the web. Interesting, though.
Check the link; the link's author knows that.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Mythbusters is entertaining, but they usually make at least one mistake an episode. Like the first one, where they "bust" the myth of someone attaching a JATO (Jet Assisted Take Off) unit (basically a rocket motor) to a car and it going airborne. They use one small JATO unit, make the car heavier by a absurd level of reinforcement, then angle the unit so the car won't even have a chance of lifting off. Then decide the myth is "busted".

You could probably fire an ice bullet from a normal gun using a wad on the base like in a shotgun shell to protect it from hot gasses and a sabot to protect it from friction with the barrel and chilling the gun's action to some very low temperature.

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
And I thought I was the only crazy Gardner!

·
Administrator
143,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Off Topic

I remember this one Murder Mystery where the victim got stabbed to death with a sharp Icicle. No murder weapon & no fingerprints. Slightly off topic but, since we're talking about bullets made from frozen water...can anything really be off topic?

·
Registered
185 Posts
This guy reminds me of the dude who makes the gold bulletts for Scaramangas golden gun.....anybody remember his name?

Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts