Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Super Moderator
24,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wednesday morning, Governor Hickelooper is likely to sign a series of draconian bills that attack on your Second Amendment rights. These bills represent a large part of the wish list of New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, who, along with the Obama Administration, worked tirelessly to push through the Colorado legislature.

When: 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Where: West Foyer, State Capitol

Who: Governor Hickenlooper (D); Senators Mary Hodge (D-25), Rollie Heath (D-18) and Morgan Carroll (D-29); and Representatives Rhonda Fields (D-42), Beth McCann (D-08) and Lois Court (D-06).​
RIP, Colorado. We all endeavored to save you, and worked feverishly to keep the jackals at bay, but alas, the lure of dirty money and promises of the DNC in the future allowed your leaders to sell you out.

2014 can't come early enough, sadly.

To all of you that answered my pleas, and wrote, called, e-mailed, cussed, discussed and otherwise helped:

THANK YOU
From all of us in Colorado

If you ever need me to help you, let me know

Please "Like" This to Show Your Support to 2A in Colorado

And for all of you tired of my posts......thanks for being understanding​

·
Premium Member
10,046 Posts
Time to leave Colorado to themselves. I wish them luck. It's never good when a whole state falls.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I did all I could as a fellow gun owner and patriot. I am sorry now I have to find another location for my future hunts. I called Palmer Outfitters in Southeast CO and told him why I am now using another outfitter. I will continue to support you guys in anyways and keep us up to date.

·
Premium Member
8,385 Posts
Sorry about this, Rock. I hope this can be undone.

I wonder what is happening to our country. We look for phantoms to blame for our ills and to take responsibility for the acts of evil men and women. Every day we grow more dependent on the government and cede to them our rights. We look to others to protect us. We look to others to help us.

I fear that soon what we understand to be true freedom will be so far removed from those having never experienced it that they will never know what they have lost.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
A truly sad, sad state of Affairs. I hope that the rest of the voters in Colorado outside of the Denver metro area remember this come 2014, and esp. remember "Mr. Rape whistle"..........

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Time to leave Colorado to themselves. I wish them luck. It's never good when a whole state falls.
- I hope people don't leave. I hope they stay and vote in the next election to make their voice heard. Leaving helps only you, it doesn't help the fight to protect the 2nd Amendment. It seems like a lot of Progressives seem to ruin their state and then move to the next nicest state.

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Rock now is not time to sound the death knell. You have an entire state worth of Sheriffs depts and deputies standing up and upholding the constitution as they swore to. In open defiance to tyrants in your state. Now isnt the time to leave in mass or give up and leave these patriots to face the music alone.

If your LE is willing to refuse to enforce this illegal grab then embrace that, stand with it. If LE wont enforce and public wont comply. what will the little imps do??? Other than shriek and kick and scream and then back down.

God Bless. Give em hell brother.

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
I fear that soon what we understand to be true freedom will be so far removed from those having never experienced it that they will never know what they have lost.
We only lose when we don't hold dear the freedom that we have.
Two mentors spread far in my life were both, coincidentally, from Hungary. One lived through the nazi raids. The other lost an uncle to the anti-Soviet revolution of 1956. Both spoke to America, in general, when they said, "You don't know what you have." They were just saying that there's a stark difference between American freedom and prosperity and those of most of the rest of the world and that most of us take it for granted.
The battle isn't over. In fact, the lines are just being drawn. Time will tell whose right or wrong. Churchill said, "Americans can always be counted on to do the right thing...after they have exhausted all other possibilities."

·
Registered
215 Posts
My motorcycle trip this summer had Colorado as a destination. We'll see how our plans turn out, we don't want to hurt the business owners but....

To the people of Colorado...The elected officials who supported this nonsense need to go.

·
Registered
659 Posts
The downhill slide seemed to start when they legalized pot. I guess the wrong people have been smoking it.

I'm pessimistic that the country, as a whole, won't be able to recover from all this "progressive" BS. As long as they keep promising free stuff, there will be suckers to take the bait and vote them into office. I'd say were already at that point. This stuff is spreading state to state and I don't see how we can stop it. I don't think we're at the end of the world yet, but we can see it from here.

·
Premium Member
4,456 Posts
I sent the CO Gov. a letter on ya'll's behalf. Darn, I thought my letter would do it for you, they must be hard-headed.

It is sad to hear, I have a one-word piece of advice to you and that is .........."2014".

·
Registered
10,071 Posts
Keep fighting!!! Legal challenges, writing elected officials, PR campaigns, get the Sheriff's Association involved. Firearm and accessory manufacturers need to boycott. The midterm elections should be the definitive consequence of this action. You don't give up on a fight when you get punched in the face. You fight back with every means possible.

·
Registered
30 Posts

·
Registered
7,072 Posts
Keep fighting!!! Legal challenges, writing elected officials, PR campaigns, get the Sheriff's Association involved. Firearm and accessory manufacturers need to boycott. The midterm elections should be the definitive consequence of this action. You don't give up on a fight when you get punched in the face. You fight back with every means possible.
I believe the midterm elections this time will define us as a state. If we can't right some wrongs and clean up some messes this time then we can probably be seen as permanently off course. Until that becomes apparent I'm not ready to cut and run.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts