Registered
2,241 Posts
I got 50k from my last BFG/AT , great tire :hand10:

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Look great, Bob! :congrats:

(and thank you for contributing to the retirement fund :wink:)
Anytime buddy.......

All the reviews say that is the best tire for a light truck, though I don't know if that beast counts as "light", probably in the same way as Rosy O'Donnell.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Always a good feeling having new shoes on the truck right before winter. I put some 10 plys on the Ford last month. Ready for the rocks and snow now.
Nice truck Bob! I have always found a flatbed to be particularly handy for the way I use a truck.
The wife and I love the flatbed on the Dodge. I haul everything from gravel to trees. I would love to get some tool boxes for under the bed, behind the cab but I need them custom made, but now that I have a wire feed welder.......

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Lol, when I bought my first flatbed truck it had no stake pockets so I bought a little hot box welder and added some to the outside of the bed. That turned into building a deer guard on the front and then a pipe rack for the top of the '76 Cherokee wagon.
I finally found some really long under bed boxes in a friends bone yard and cut those down and welded a side back on for under the bed on the 3/4 ton truck.
Your going to love that wire feed.

·
Super Moderator
21,916 Posts
Anytime buddy.......

All the reviews say that is the best tire for a light truck, though I don't know if that beast counts as "light", probably in the same was as Rosy O'Donnell.
The KO2's are some of, if not the best, A/Ts we have ever made. I bought my first set in 1979, just three years after their introduction, they have done nothing but improved since then. "Baja Champion" isn't just marketing hype. :wink:

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The KO2's are some of, if not the best, A/Ts we have ever made. I bought my first set in 1979, just three years after their introduction, they have done nothing but improved since then. "Baja Champion" isn't just marketing hype. :wink:
Up here they are Tundra champions.

·
Registered
6,832 Posts
@Bad Bob What engine brother?

Mrs OldChap bought a then-new 2012 Ram Laramie Longhorn that has the 390hp Hemi and the fancy leather interior when she retired. She had a Leer shell put on the bed so she could lock it up. We, just this month, crossed 40k miles on it. Great truck.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
When I put new tires on my '78 Chevy 5 years ago I ended up with some really expensive Toyos due to the oddball size. I told the guy at the tire store that he better find something to fit the stock Chevy rim.

Last I heard BFG started making the AT in 255x85-R16. That will be the way to go if the truck lasts that long.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts