WALTHER P99
ZASTAVA CZ-99
BERETTA 9000S F&D
CZ 75 D COMPACT
CZ 75 SP 01
CZ P100
CZ P110
Interesting reading.
I thought I would share it with you people.
Anyone using one Chime In.
Anyone NOT using one...Chime In Anyway.
Your Thoughts ~ Opinions Always Welcome.

The DPM Magnetomechanical Recoil Reduction System.

CLICK HERE TO VISIT THE SITE

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~:hand31:```````````````

·
Super Moderator
23,564 Posts
I am not using one. My two Glocks (mine and Mrs. Richard's, that is :yup: ) are "from the box". Glock from start to stop. Even the extra mags. Always will be. They always go bang. Don't want to mess with that. Nope. Not gonna happen. :mad:

That's why I don't have a 1911.:frown: I just don't tinker with some stuff. Change the recoil...changes the engineering....change the engineering...the bridge might fall down.:frown:

I'm pretty much a coward about some things, and my Glocks are one of those.....:35:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
I see a std unit for the 226 - tho maybe that is only really useful for 40 or 357 SIG.

I had heard of this before QK but not looked into it at all - thx for the link and info.

·
Registered
216 Posts
BAD idea.

Let's see. Pick your favorite firearm. Think of your admiration for the fine engineering and construction.

Then go buy some mickey mouse device off the internet that changes the function of the weapon. No thanks.

I do use harts recoil reducers in glocks ( the metal guide rods with mercury in them), but that does not change weapon function.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Recoil reducers ????? BAH HUMBUG !! If you can't stand/tolerate/learn to live with/etc.,the recoil of your CHOSEN weapon,step down in recoil/caliber/loading.

I have seen people buy them tungsten guide rods for their .45's also. Sorry,but gotta say, what a bunch of weenies.

The things similar to that that I use for my weapons(shoc buff's,etc.) are to save my weapon,not my hand.

The people that use these "gadjets" want the best of both worlds. Some "famous" person once said: "recoil is our friend".--------

·
Administrator
143,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Recoil Reduction

I've really not posted this thread for myself but, for any other forum members that might be interested.
Information and member feedback on available systems may be helpful to others.
I am not recoil sensitive & so I've never added any aftermarket reducers to any of my personal handguns. With the exception of one handgun that I had Mag~Na~Ported (just for the hellovit) years ago.
I have tried the now defunct Haarts (mercury recoil reducer) & the one made by Sprinco on other shooters firearms.
The Sprinco & the Haarts seemed to reduce "felt" recoil (somewhat) without causing any function related problems but, not nearly to the degree claimed by makers.
Just my opinion on that.
I figured that we might have members that may need recoil reduction for any number of reasons (Age, Medical) & it helps for them to at least know what products are floating around "out there" ~
The comments (thus far) have been valid & good.

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
naaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.......I'll stick to the usual recoil systems

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
85 euros

An interesting idea, seems pricey to add an accessory that a good fraction of the total price of the pistol.

I find the recoil of my G21 very mellow and that of the G27 a little more energetic, but can fire either one single-handed and feel no pain, so I don't feel a need for this thing.

·
Registered
742 Posts
An aquaintance has just accepted new Glock 22s for his department. The guns work fine except when the lights are attached.

The light changes the recoil impulse, and malfunctions result.

In my 16 years as the owner of a full line gun store, I found that stock guns usually worked fine, guns with lots of dodads did not.

Remove the dodads, and guns worked again,.

MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
KC135 said:
An aquaintance has just accepted new Glock 22s for his department. The guns work fine except when the lights are attached.

The light changes the recoil impulse, and malfunctions result.

In my 16 years as the owner of a full line gun store, I found that stock guns usually worked fine, guns with lots of dodads did not.

Remove the dodads, and guns worked again,.

MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There ya go ..

For some crazy reason stock works 99% of the time

1 - 11 of 11 Posts