Defensive Carry banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
"I had a flats boat a few years back. Sold it when my back and knees made using it too hazardous. I really loved to head out the inlet and fill the boat with Spanish mackerel. I once caught a 45-pound cobia. Ate one nice fillet from it and then discovered--after several days--the freezer had died. Phew! Out to the curb it went. Haven't done much fishing since the boat went away. "

Wold love a flats boat, Crystal River/Homosassa area!
Too old for it now.
Sold our boat when we moved back to FL. Like a fish out of water & also haven't fished except a couple times with guides.
Actually cheaper that owning a boat if you don't go out every other day.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
When I lived in the mountains we used to go to the OBX surf fishing for a week in November every year. We usually stayed in Avon or Buxton and fished the Point at the Hatteras Lighthouse. It is pretty cool to be surf fishing and see deer watching you from 25 yds away! Definitely worth the trip!
My Dad and I surf fish just below Rodanthe for 5 days every other October. We love it.

·
Registered
16,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
This was my view last year.

But since taking up fly fishing a few weeks ago, my view will be from this this year :)

I just got the 55lb thrust Minn Kota in today. Rare as hen's teeth with the recent shutdowns. Came from a Wally World in AZ of all places.

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
Took off early this A.M. on a whim to bank fish....and this critter shows up to chase everything I manage to set the hook on View attachment 332892 ...
Heheheh. I was fly fishing in FL and somehow mamged to "catch" one about that size w/ a poppin' bug on a 4 oz. fly rod. Needless to say, I had to cut the leader off -- but had to fight him a while. Just had to....:LOL:

21 - 27 of 27 Posts