Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a Colt Defender 9mm - yow-za!

I've always used leather OWB holsters but saw the FLEX OWB from stealth gear and it looks pretty good.

Found some YouTube vids and guys were concealing full size glocks under just a tee shirt.

Anyway - any trusty DC members have any experience with this model? I want the good, bad, and ugly if you got it.

These holsters are more expensive than custom leather HAHA so I'd love to get some trusted opinions before I drop the coin.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nobody? I was interested in the Flex too - but not seeing too many reviews. I'm new to carrying, and I have a Stealthgear Ventcore mini, but I'm thinking of returning it either for the full-size or the Flex. I have the M&P 40c, and there's big gap between my pants and the gun - more than I see in most pics of IWB. I can't carry at work, nor commuting to or from work, so most of my carry will probably be able to be done with an untucked shirt, and from what I can tell the Flex keeps it high and tight. I'd love to hear anyone's experience - thanks!!!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Here's my opinion.

I have a IWB Mini and bought (and returned) a AIWB from SGUSA. The padding is great no doubt, but it does add bulk. The thing I don't get about the OWB holsters is that the padding isn't even touching your skin really. It's pressing against the OUTSIDE of your pants. So why add all the bulk and cushion when it's not making contact with skin?

I think for 3-6 oclock carry, SG is the best! But for OWB? I'd rather spend my money on Raven Concealment imo.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Put that baby back in some leather. Colts deserve to be carried in some nice leather.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
98 Posts
I own the SG Mini for my 4" Springer 1911. I'm very happy with it. I ordered and returned the Flex OWB. I tried it for a week but just wasn't happy with it. I ordered a leather Nelson Eagle Defender for OWB to replace the Flex and never looked back. Awesome holster and there's something about that leather wrapped around a 1911!

·
Registered
269 Posts
I own 3 Flex holsters
one for my shield9, my M&P 9C and my XDM 3.8C .45
I'm 6 foot 210lbs 34" waist, and the StealthGear holsters just work right with my body type.
I have an Onyx for my Shield and a mini for my 9C and XDM.
I don't even look elsewhere any more, for me they just work. A BigFoot Belt and I'm good to go.
the Flex is probably my favorite OWB holster.
If I was to go leather I would go with these guys, a friend of min ehas one of those "Scorpion" holsters for his shield and it's gorgeous
http://www.zlogonje.com/OWB.php/elemental-series-holsters

·
Registered
28 Posts
Do yourself a favor, and listen to kmanick, I use the flex, with a bigfoot gun belt and carry a M&P9C, along with a flashlight, and extra mag holder, and I could not be any happier. You will never look at another holster once you get the flex.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts