Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
143,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's Take A Minute Out To Remember The OTHER Great Beautiful Holster Makers.

Our Native American Crafts-Persons.

Exactly Like all of us...they obviously took THEIR personal carry rigs Very Seriously.

And also exactly like OUR talented CombatCarry.com forum holster makers ~ they also took extreme pride in their craft work and demanded that "the leather" that protected the gun ~ that protected their lives ~ be a beautiful and respected object. :yup:

A tribute to GREAT American Holster Makers. :usflag:

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
those are real nice! We just had "Red Earth Day" here this weekend where they have a lot of dancing competitions, parades and such.

·
Administrator
143,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No...I wish that they were mine. They are just some of my reference photos.

I love and appreciate the work though.

Funny...years ago I had a beautiful brain tanned moose skin coat that was given to me by a Native American friend.
It was VERY OLD but, still supple & perfectly wearable.
The abundant hand bead work on it was breathtakingly magnificent.
I loved it and had kept up in a cabin that we owned here in PA many years ago.
That cabin got hit by lightning & burnt to the ground.
I angered the Thunder God I guess.
I lost some other really valuable & sentimental things in that fire.
I was not in the area at the time of the fire but, no difference as the place was so remote that there would have been no way to extinguish the blaze anyway.
I just consider my loss to be my Burnt Offering to the Gods. :rofl:

·
Super Moderator
25,533 Posts
I know it's just me, but I think bead and quill work goes much better on knife sheaths. That las holster just looks over done to me.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Not entirely my choice of designs for the purpose but - that is not to denigrate the lovely crafting work.

The bead application is a labor of love and patience - most pleasant on the eye just as artforms.

·
Super Moderator
23,564 Posts
soonerjh said:
We just had "Red Earth Day" here this weekend where they have a lot of dancing competitions, parades and such.
Red Earth - great weekend! Went several times while living in OKC.

The bead and leatherwork is magnificent! It looks like the first pic MAY be of porcupine quills - QK? I haven't since quillwork like that outside of a museum in ages.

Thanks for the pics, QK!

·
Registered
558 Posts
rstickle said:
I know it's just me, but I think bead and quill work goes much better on knife sheaths. That las holster just looks over done to me.
I agree - with jeans and a t-shirt it would be over done - but think of it on the traditional Indian clothes - beautiful!

Though it would look better in orange....

·
Registered
11,431 Posts
Those are some good looking holsters. One sees the holster before he sees the weapon.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Nice work. Not for casual dress now adays, but would not be bad for the cowboy action shooting crowd.

·
Administrator
143,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Native American GLOCK Holster.

The Native American holsters for the GLOCKS use only Green & Black Plastic Beads. :rofl:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts