Defensive Carry banner

The gun debate is cultural

1K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  Crowman 
The gun debate is a culture debate | Fox News

This article has many good and interesting points about the current gun debate.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2
Good article...

and the indoctrination is starting in the schools... the gun free zones. The ZERO tolerance zones.... those same schools where we went, with a gun in the trunk of our cars so that we could go squirrel hunting after school... The SAME EXACT schools in many cases...

And, yes, there are parents who teach their children the truth... and there are some that even go s far as to home school... but they are in the minority. Our future generations are learning that guns are evil... not people. All people are wonderful... and welcome, and tolerated and accepted.... All people but the gun nuts... they're wrong... they are in the grip of the evil guns...

And the children don't learn that 77 men, regular citizens, just one month from now on that day in history (April 19th, 1775), stopped the government from taking their guns.... and because of those 77 minutemen, 700 were ultimately turned away. And without those "weapons of war..." in the hands of 77 citizens, we would all be serfs and vassals today.

I agree with this to a point, and it is this point that MANY people, including yourself, fail to recognize. I went to a school like, I grew up in a town in west Texas like this, with kids and adults with shotguns and rifles mounted in the back of the trucks. I get that culture and mindset. BUT schools today are not OUR schools, they are not the schools we graduated from 5-10-20-30 years ago. That's just how it is: the world has changed.

If you think being an administrator or teacher today is easy, you're wrong, flat-out. Schools indoctrinate a great many things other than a fear of guns, some of those things more harmful than a fear of guns, I would argue: A fear of "not-normal" gender roles, a fear of gays, a fear of non-Christians, a fear of non-conformists, a rigid adherence to sometimes non-sensical rules....I'm sure we could list others. I agree with you that many of these things are non-sensical, but I would also caution you about such blanket statements. While the general public may not understand the rules or believe in them, and while some of the rules may be just plain dumb (I would argue that many school rules are just stupid), many of the rules we may not understand are vital in ensuring a productive learning environment.

Tele-pathic? not so much... you are telling me that the schools are now teaching fear of "not-normal gender roles?" Is that why Heather Has Two Mommies and Daddy's Roommate are in the school libraries?
A fear of gays? really? see above.
Fear of non-conformists? Not unless "non-conforming" is having little green army men on your cupcakes. Not unless non-conforming is wearing a USMC tee shirt.
Fear of non-Christians. No, they teach the opposite of that...

They teach that oddity is acceptable... as long as it's a certain oddity... But that's okay... in the near future, I see a time when middle class, Christian (or otherwise "God fearing"), heterosexual, hard working, Constitution-believing folks will be a true minority.... Then, we'll be able to apply the minority status "rules" to ourselves and have even more rights than the majority.... just have to be patient.

And yes, "some of my best friends" are teachers, and they know what's going on, too... and they don't like it much either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.