Defensive Carry banner

The gun debate is cultural

1K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  Crowman 
Kind of hard to have a productive conversation when the other side (collectively) puts their fingers in their ears, holds their breath, and jumps up and down wearing a shirt that says "don't confuse me with facts....this is how I feel"
Have got family members who do just that, minus the shirt.

The anti-gun movement is, by definition anti-gun. Anti=against. What is to have a conversation about? This isn't being belittling, but pragmatic. How much more honest and open can we be?
And against a constitutionally-protected liberty. = Anti-liberty.

I'm all for crime control, all day every day. I'm all for criminal removal from our midst, every time (though, the effectiveness of our crime "schools" is unsettling). What I'm not for is when nearly all such attempts instead go after lawful tools/devices in which the primary impacts of such attempts (a) are to criminalize the upstanding for mere ownership/possession, and (b) are unconstitutional infringements. Most arguments upholding such attempts, that I've seen, both conveniently ignore such points and stridently reject such notions, either claiming such points irrelevant or worth it. It's hard to hold an intelligent "conversation" about such things, let alone keep a straight face when it so quickly goes in that direction.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.