Defensive Carry banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you all well know I love funkkky guns and odd balls so I saw this and well I had to have it :hand10:

Comes in the star of David marked case

But here is where it gets funky .. It is German proofed :confused:

It bears the Eagle N proof of Ulm .. .

So what that I have no idea how that happen .. Like most Isreal guns there history is odd .. About all I can dig up is " KSN Golan

Notes: The Israeli company KSN Limited acquired the rights to build and export the Yugoslavian CZ-99; Crvena Zastava never got to build or market the pistol because of the breakup of the former Yugoslavia. The Israelis then improved on the design, making it safer and more reliable, as well as easier to maintain, until it was basically “idiot-proof.” They then marketed the design as the Golan, and it did fairly well among Israeli civilians and police as well in a few foreign countries, such as South Africa, Singapore, Thailand, and Argentina. However, production in Israel did not itself last long, as production was transferred to South Africa (where it is known as the TZ-99). The Golan has a frame of aluminum alloy and a steel slide, with a chrome-lined steel barrel and plastic ergonomic grips.

Twilight 2000 Notes: As IMI acquired this design shortly before hostilities began between China and Russia, they did not get to export it much. It was therefore mostly issued to Israeli civilians for home defense. In addition, Zastava did make a few of these weapons.

Merc 2000 Notes: The Israelis exported this weapon far and wide." Israeli Pistols

So how a Jewish made Yugo copy gun ended up with Ulm proof markes I have not clue .. Frame is I think German proof too ..

I will need to do some digging to see if maybe they are Yugo proofs as they are similar to German ones that would make more sense

Oh and PS best part is it takes cheep CZ99 mags I am guessing holster too

Not common guns .. This at one point had tritium sights but long since gone dark

About all I can find on them is from a NRA mag from the 90s .. I think that was the last time they were brought in as they were 10 round mags back then in the paper ..

The trigger is not too bad kind of like a sig 226 trigger

All controls are ambi on it .. Mag button and slide lever ..

Well made guns .. Feels nice in the hand

Oh and price .. I paided 340 bucks for that .. and 20 a pop for two new CZ99 mags :smile:

I am very very happy .. Now to track down some more Tritium for the sights

·
Banned
12,068 Posts
What are all the little white specks?

·
Registered
10,871 Posts
Most likely a police duty issued from another small country.

Good price, especially if it runs well!

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
As you all well know I love funkkky guns and odd balls so I saw this and well I had to have it :hand10:

Comes in the star of David marked case

But here is where it gets funky .. It is German proofed :confused:

It bears the Eagle N proof of Ulm .. .

So what that I have no idea how that happen .. Like most Isreal guns there history is odd .. About all I can dig up is " KSN Golan

Notes: The Israeli company KSN Limited acquired the rights to build and export the Yugoslavian CZ-99; Crvena Zastava never got to build or market the pistol because of the breakup of the former Yugoslavia. The Israelis then improved on the design, making it safer and more reliable, as well as easier to maintain, until it was basically “idiot-proof.” They then marketed the design as the Golan, and it did fairly well among Israeli civilians and police as well in a few foreign countries, such as South Africa, Singapore, Thailand, and Argentina. However, production in Israel did not itself last long, as production was transferred to South Africa (where it is known as the TZ-99). The Golan has a frame of aluminum alloy and a steel slide, with a chrome-lined steel barrel and plastic ergonomic grips.

Twilight 2000 Notes: As IMI acquired this design shortly before hostilities began between China and Russia, they did not get to export it much. It was therefore mostly issued to Israeli civilians for home defense. In addition, Zastava did make a few of these weapons.

Merc 2000 Notes: The Israelis exported this weapon far and wide." Israeli Pistols

So how a Jewish made Yugo copy gun ended up with Ulm proof markes I have not clue .. Frame is I think German proof too ..

I will need to do some digging to see if maybe they are Yugo proofs as they are similar to German ones that would make more sense

Oh and PS best part is it takes cheep CZ99 mags I am guessing holster too

Not common guns .. This at one point had tritium sights but long since gone dark

About all I can find on them is from a NRA mag from the 90s .. I think that was the last time they were brought in as they were 10 round mags back then in the paper ..

The trigger is not too bad kind of like a sig 226 trigger

All controls are ambi on it .. Mag button and slide lever ..

Well made guns .. Feels nice in the hand

Oh and price .. I paided 340 bucks for that .. and 20 a pop for two new CZ99 mags :smile:

I am very very happy .. Now to track down some more Tritium for the sights
...........Sig P225 knock off.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
I'm a backwoods Ky Baptist than knows very little, but are any "junk" firearms made in Israel?

Reactions: Stoveman

·
Registered
10,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ps it holds 15+1 I been told it looks like a sig 226 but it's a yugo gun more the a sig

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
The Israeli BHPs look rough as a cob, but run as well as my pretty, shiny-blued Belgian models. Let us know WRR!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have one of the original prototypes (#3).

It's marked Crvena Zastava CZ99 COMPACT-C on left side of slide, and "MADE IN YUGOSLAVIA" on the other side.

No serialisation on either slide, barrel or body. Only next to the firing pin crudely punched by hand "0 1 2" and a hand signature scratched in with a carbide tip or so.

And it looks pretty much identical to the Golan.

You say "In addition, Zastava did make a few of these weapons." do you mean these 5 or are you aware of others?

Pics (currently disassembled for restauration).

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Pretty cool gun, nice score!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Pretty cool gun, nice score!
Yes, I only figured it out once I wanted a diagram and parts.

Zastava arms museum says 5 were made, 2 (#0 & #1) went to Israel after license deal. They have #4 in the museum. And #2 and #3 were sent into the field in the war. To one righthanded person & one lefthanded. They were both presumed lost.

I think Dutchbat at took my #3 back to NL. It's clearly the lefthanded used due to the sweat stippling.

Any worth to this gun outside the cool factor of owning either a one or two of a kind in private hands?

PS, if someone knows where to find a diagram and/or assembly instructions for the Golan or the short TZ-99?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts