Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
143,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The ISRAELI MILITARY INDUSTRIES Barak ???
Did this handgun ever even make it into the United States?
Did Anybody ever see one?
Did anybody on the forum ever get to shoot one? Maybe?
It's one handgun that you NEVER hear anything about.
And...you never read anything about.
Just Wondering? :confused:

I'm sure that if I.M.I. made it...it must be a great functioning pistol.
Why is it SOOOOO seemingly Unpopular?

·
Registered
940 Posts
I've never seen one.

Whether it's imported or not will depend a lot on whether or not Magnum Research has exclusive IMI importation rights for handguns - and whether there are enough to supply the market if not, or whether it passes the '68 import rules.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Heard the name a time or two but no info on that - not even sure during what time it was made.

·
Administrator
143,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow 500 Bucks

That might well be the "sleeper gun" of the decade. I know that IMI never put out any junk firearms. I need to do more homework on it. 10 rounds of .45 ACP is a nice capacity. I always worry about buying extra magazines & "spare parts"...like 5 years "down the road" though for some pistols that never attained great popularity. :confused:

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
QKShooter said:
I always worry about buying extra magazines & "spare parts"...like 5 years "down the road" though for some pistols that never attained great popularity. :confused:
I always have that worry. I have an FN Highpower DAC (Double Action Compact) that I got in a trade. I like it, so I decided to keep it. The only problem is it is not nearly as common as the standard HP. I bought three more magazines, and may stock up some more. The problem now is a holster. I haven’t been able to find anybody that makes them for this model. A Yaqui (or similar model) for the full size that doesn’t cover the entire slide would work, but I’m not big on those. I want an IWB holster. I called Blade Tech, and they said if I sent the gun in to them, they would custom make me one. No extra charge other than the shipping for the gun (great customer service). I just haven’t wanted to go to the extreme of sending my gun in, yet. Maybe I’ll call them back and ask them if the can make a full size one, with the length I specify. Somebody at FN told me that all the dimensions are the same except for the length.

·
Administrator
143,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jt

That's a good idea.
Any holster maker should be able to use the standard holster pattern for that handgun & "end the stitching early" & trim the leather back to your desired length. That sure would probably be better than sending them your firearm.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Notice that Barak has a "real" capacity mag, too? Hmmmm. Not the prettiest thing I've ever seen- kind of a Walther/FN/Beretta mix. If it takes other manufacturer's mags, it would be a heckuva buy!

·
Administrator
143,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Barak "LOOK"

Sort of like a heat gun mated with a blow dryer!
But, I'll bet it shoots sweet!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts