Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
143,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This is a very nice GLOCK Laser modification.

The LAW-17 is the original factory integrated mini-laser aimer. Since 1991 the laser has been under constant duty with law enforcement all over the country. The LAW-17 has beat every single laser to come by for accuracy and durability. To this day it is the only laser approved and used by the US Secret Service. They tested one unit by firing it 10,000 times, and abused the gun every 1000. The other lasers tested failed after mere hundreds of rounds. The LAW-17 has been passing torture tests and beating the others where ever they meet.

The LAW-17 was designed to give Police what they were asking for......................
READ MORE ABOUT IT ~ CLICK HERE

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Being a huge fan of my CT grips - I would seriously consider that if I was a Glocker - as so far I don't think CT have anything on offer for all the Glocks - well, yet anyways.

Mind you - the sets of CT's I do have are A1 - no compaints at all.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Chris -

CT is offering two varieties of lasers for the glock.

One of them is similar to the one pictured, however the frame of the pistol has to be sent it and modified by the CT technicians. It looked like a very solid mount. Link Here

The other snaps onto the grip of the pistol and has an emitter similar to the CT's you have on your Sig. Link Here.

I haven't seen either of these in person, but the advertisements sure make them look nice.

:)

--Jim

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Ahhh thx ff - I had forgotten that - just thinking they weren't done yet.

I guess sending frame for mod's might be a disincentive, compared with self-fit, tho end result would seem well worthwhile. Thx for putting me straight Jim :smile:

·
Registered
686 Posts
I wish they had a similar offering for the HK Usp Compact that I want.

As of now, they have no offerings for any HK stuff...so...i guess I have an excuse to pick up a Sig to set up as my House pistol.

CT grips, and a surefire tac light...

·
Administrator
143,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Addition:

Yes,
Frame Modification is necessary. :frown:
It sure is a super neat precise job though.
And you would probably need to have your holster custom made.

·
Super Moderator
23,584 Posts
I was persusing the "For Sale" rack at GT, and ran across a thread with numerous negative responses regarding this company. Apparently the lasers are very nice, but a lot of folks have found it quite impossible to ever get their Glocks back from this fella! I have no idea what is going on there, but it sure quashed my desire to buy a G26 with one of these lasers. :rant:

·
Super Moderator
13,086 Posts
QKShooter said:
Yes,
Frame Modification is necessary. :frown:
It sure is a super neat precise job though.
And you would probably need to have your holster custom made.
Holsters for guns with lasers are so often a problem with lasers other than CTs and LaserMax.

However, based on the Blade-Tech design, it just might work in their stock holster.

BTW, where's the battery and how do you activate the laser?

Oh yeah, and let me add: Great post QK!

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Rock and Glock said:
a lot of folks have found it quite impossible to ever get their Glocks back from this fella!

Well, he puts up a little ad on the internet and everyone sends him guns postage paid. What better way to start a Glock collection.:banana: :banana: :danceban: :danceban: :banana: :banana: :danceban: :danceban:

·
Super Moderator
23,584 Posts
Yea - I was pumped up about the G26 with it until I did my research. It is so integrated into the Glock that I'm pretty sure it'd take the "factory" to make a repair if needed. The battery pack is in the hollow space between the mag and the backstrap.

·
Super Moderator
13,086 Posts
Rock and Glock said:
Yea - I was pumped up about the G26 with it until I did my research. It is so integrated into the Glock that I'm pretty sure it'd take the "factory" to make a repair if needed. The battery pack is in the hollow space between the mag and the backstrap.
That doesn't sound "reliable" to me. I mean wires have to be run from the backstrap through the frame to the unit, through an activation switch somewhere.

That really surprises me that the Secret Service (BTW, why Secret Service? We all know about them, what's so secret?) would approve such a thing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts