Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9,375 Posts
Luckily I carry a striker fired gun so it didn't apply to me anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
It's being removed is only temporary. They are having a legally enforceable version printed. A constitutional pro-gun supporter pointed out to them that their sign was not enforceable as it was not a legal "no guns allowed" sign.

At least in Texas, it must be a proper 30.06 sign to be enforceable.

It is great that you are so positive but You cannot fix stupid.

·
Registered
6,613 Posts
It's being removed is only temporary. They are having a legally enforceable version printed. A constitutional pro-gun supporter pointed out to them that their sign was not enforceable as it was not a legal "no guns allowed" sign.

At least in Texas, it must be a proper 30.06 sign to be enforceable.

It is great that you are so positive but You cannot fix stupid.
There is not a "legally enforceable" version in Michigan. A store owner can post a sign stating, "No Backpacks" (yes, I've seen one :rolleyes: ) If you enter wearing a backpack, you are trespassing.

I don't think anyone has been arrested for entering a store with a backpack, or a firearm. An arrest is possible the longer you loiter or the more you make an issue of it.
@Havok mine is stainless, so I guess I'm exempt too? :smile:

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
If it's permanent, good for them. The more responsible people carrying in these places, the less chance of mass shootings taking place or being successful.

·
Premium Member
8,118 Posts
Where we live the state passed that NICE LAW saying that if an owner posts no weapons on his/her building, that owner can be sued for negligence if a person is injured or killed while there due to not being allowed to have his/her defensive weapon.

IT IS AMAZING how many signs came down.

Or, perhaps more amazing that there are any still up.

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
Oh certainly, money enters the picture and lots of things change. Here in Indiana I don't think there are any legally enforceable signs. At least I've never seen any of the enforceable ones. About all that can be done here is a trespass charge if you're found out, asked to leave and don't. Indiana is a pretty relaxed state to begin with. At least for now.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Oh certainly, money enters the picture and lots of things change. Here in Indiana I don't think there are any legally enforceable signs. At least I've never seen any of the enforceable ones. About all that can be done here is a trespass charge if you're found out, asked to leave and don't. Indiana is a pretty relaxed state to begin with. At least for now.
Our laws about this are very similar to yours. No Guns signs carry no weight of law but if you are asked to leave and you refuse, the store can summon the police in order to press charges of trespassing. However, seeing any signs like this here is very rare.

There is an enclosed shopping mall in my area that used to have posted No Weapons signs but I noticed several years ago that those signs were gone. Now I'm not about to go looking carefully all around the entrance ways to see if I can locate them and since they're not in any conspicuous places, as far as I'm concerned they're not there.

Same with movie theaters. A few in my area are "supposedly" No Gun facilities, but when going there, I have not seen any signs in the entrance areas so again, if not seen, they're not there.

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
Well the thing with movie theaters is now a lot of them check you, so they don't need the signs. That's another reason why I feel it unwise to use fanny packs and purses as carry options.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
OMG - They've destroyed their protective anti-crime shield! Lord knows how many mass shootings that one sign prevented. There will be blood in the hardware section. Shootings over panties in the lingerie stores. Children will be traumatized. The food court will become like the OK corral. Life as we know it will end.

The sarcasm isn't directed at the OP. It's directed toward the stupidity of these signs and the people who actually think they serve some helpful purpose.

·
Registered
240 Posts
A mall by me, Washington Square in Tigard OR has a posting, but they placed it so no one will see it. It is not on the entry doors, it is off to the side and is on an 8" x 11" sheet of printer paper. It is in type the same font size that this post is. It lists all of the mall's rules, which are many. No skate boards, vulgar language, ect. All weapons are banned, including pocket knives. It even has a dress code. No wonder they don't want anyone to read it, imagine telling teen age girls their clothes are too revealing to shop in this mall. Boy they would loose more $ over that than banning those carrying concealed firearms.
I have to give the mall credit. They have posted rules banning weapons that they can provide to their insurance company, but posted them where no one will ever see them. Note, in Oregon there is no law or regulation on what type of sign is posted and they have no force of law other than trespassing if you refuse to leave when asked.

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
My 3 malls I frequent have the no Gun sign with no wording which does not cut crap here in my state/town. They are posted on the upper window assembly 3 feet above the entrance doors. LOL, I carry right thru them and also monitor their radio communications so I know when anything hits the fan. I have heard foot chases from petty thieves running across the parking lot. I have not yet had the chance to run down one of them yet. Malls can be a target rich opportunity sometimes.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
It's a mall. There's bound to be a set of rules and regulations posted in an inconspicuous corner of the doors as you enter that still say NO WEAPONS.

If it's a mall operated by any of the few big mall conglomerates, it's there. You just have to hunt.

Reactions: ImperiusRex

·
Registered
3,436 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
If there's one place I DON'T go without carrying its a mall.I don't know what it is but its the one place.that makes me really uneasy. Lucky, our mall has an entry point that has never been posted. Needless to say, thats where I enter when I'm forced (always by my wife) to go there.

·
Registered
90 Posts
A mall by me, Washington Square in Tigard OR has a posting, but they placed it so no one will see it. It is not on the entry doors, it is off to the side and is on an 8" x 11" sheet of printer paper. It is in type the same font size that this post is. It lists all of the mall's rules, which are many. No skate boards, vulgar language, ect. All weapons are banned, including pocket knives. It even has a dress code. No wonder they don't want anyone to read it, imagine telling teen age girls their clothes are too revealing to shop in this mall. Boy they would loose more $ over that than banning those carrying concealed firearms.
I have to give the mall credit. They have posted rules banning weapons that they can provide to their insurance company, but posted them where no one will ever see them. Note, in Oregon there is no law or regulation on what type of sign is posted and they have no force of law other than trespassing if you refuse to leave when asked.
I shop Washington Square occasionally and always enter through a store door like Dick's or something. I've never seen any signs posted on them. They seem to only be at the main Mall entrances.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts