Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Clear as mud. A clear choice between freedom and the federation. Notice, in the first paragraphs, all of the withholdings of federal grant money to non-compliant states. Making the states do the dirty work by lording over billions in LE funding. Billions first forcibly removed from productive citizens.
For further on this angle on a non-related upcoming SCOTUS trial issue, click the link. But if you're not already wearing your tin foil hat, you may want to get it.
It's a short article that begins with an opinion from the MOJ. That's the Ministry of Justice. In Russia. The article leads to high-stakes legal maneuvering by the Lawyer-in-Chief. And it has the Cato Institute's imprimatur warning of TEOTWAWKI. :tinhat2:

·
Premium Member
8,538 Posts
Hmm. Say bye bye to internet gun forum listings for face to face transfers:

it shall be unlawful for any person
other than a licensed dealer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed importer to complete the transfer of a firearm to any other person who is not licensed under this chapter, if such transfer occurs—
(B) pursuant to an advertisement, posting,
display or other listing on the Internet or in a publc
cation by the transferor of his intent to transfer, or
the transferee of his intent to acquire, the firearm.

I'm not quite sure about the Attonery General certification exception, but there is an exception for family members.

No wonder the Republicans are scratching their heads and wondering why their support is lacking. What a disaster. They didn't even have the spine to preclude cloture.

·
Premium Member
8,538 Posts
Thinking about this more, this is an unmitigated disaster, regardless of whether anything emerges from the Senate.

Say what you want about the democrats and the left. But you have to respect them for sticking to the guns. Pun intended. They don't back down, they don't give up, they press on and endure.

The republicans, on the other hand, have been skittish for the past 20+ years. For once, for once, make a stand! But they won't.

I'll write my senator and my congressman. I'll do what I can.

But damn I am tired of carrying their water in leaky buckets.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Say what you want about the democrats and the left. But you have to respect them for sticking to the guns. Pun intended. They don't back down, they don't give up, they press on and endure.

The republicans, on the other hand, have been skittish for the past 20+ years. For once, for once, make a stand! But they won't.

-AMEN!

·
Premium Member
6,892 Posts
It looks to create another goverment agency that will have more possible controls or powers in place. This is much worse than just UBC. It needs to be stopped at all costs

·
Registered
205 Posts
This Manchin-Toomey thing still has to get through the entire senate and then by the house. It may be DOA, or changed so much so as not to matter all that much.

Sometimes I think if we threw a small bone to the antis, (say, UBCs without registration?) they would back off and go find something else that is much easier and cheaper to support and rally around. In other words, give them a little something to crow about so they can declare victory and then shut the hell up.

·
Premium Member
6,892 Posts
Sometimes I think if we threw a small bone to the antis, (say, UBCs without registration?) they would back off and go find something else that is much easier and cheaper to support and rally around. In other words, give them a little something to crow about so they can declare victory and then shut the hell up.
thats how they get their foot in the door! no no no

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
This bill seems to give too much power to the U.S. Attorney General..... From withholding funds to states that do not entirely implement, getting approval from U.S. Attorney General for certain things, language that allows the U.S. Attorney General to make regulations(further) based on this bill.......

Simply put......... A no vote is a must on this bill.............

Reactions: MrBuckwheat

·
Premium Member
6,892 Posts
This bill seems to give too much power to the U.S. Attorney General..... From withholding funds to states that do not entirely implement, getting approval from U.S. Attorney General for certain things, language that allows the U.S. Attorney General to make regulations(further) based on this bill.......

Simply put......... A no vote is a must on this bill.............

Eric Holder needs more power???? No

·
Registered
7,571 Posts
This Manchin-Toomey thing still has to get through the entire senate and then by the house. It may be DOA, or changed so much so as not to matter all that much.

NO! 649 must not pass.
NO! The more they push, the firmer we must stand.
NO! NEVER UBCs.

Clarifying existing law, and giving a road back from being barred, I can live with...

But, my line in the sand has been tempered with lime and portland... And it's setting up.

ENOUGH GIVING. PERIOD.

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Both the bills especially the once thought to be harmless Toomey one I see isnt so harmless now that they started amending it. Well Reid has using an amendment tree priviledge. I wish id been wrong. But this is the Feds ya know

P S anyone notice they are gutting the HIPPA regulations????

·
Registered
2,761 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Y'all thinking about lines are gonna get flanked.
You'd better button down the home front.
It's a battle for the states like the last electoral college. The big feds in the senate are above us, now, and fading. We're depending on the pipsqueak house and those in the hinterlands clinging to their guns and internet forums and active in local state politics.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Hmm. Say bye bye to internet gun forum listings for face to face transfers:

it shall be unlawful for any person
other than a licensed dealer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed importer to complete the transfer of a firearm to any other person who is not licensed under this chapter, if such transfer occurs—
(B) pursuant to an advertisement, posting,
display or other listing on the Internet or in a publc
cation by the transferor of his intent to transfer, or
the transferee of his intent to acquire, the firearm.

I'm not quite sure about the Attonery General certification exception, but there is an exception for family members.

No wonder the Republicans are scratching their heads and wondering why their support is lacking. What a disaster. They didn't even have the spine to preclude cloture.

I read the bill text, and this seems correct. Only websites like Gunbroker could operate, as all their sales go through an FFL.

I foresee that the value of all guns transferred within 180 days of any bill passing will go up immensely, for reasons you should be able to figure out. I still don't get how you would "prove" that a transfer happened pursuant to a listing though. I guess webpages are archived, etc. This is still crappy, because most firearm movement would now be stalled.

Or maybe I'm totally off base.

·
Registered
473 Posts
House Majority Whip: We Can Pass Gun Control & Immigration Without Republican Support

March 10, 2013 by Tim Brown

Freedomoutpost.com

For anyone paying attention in the Republican Party, you should be outraged at the alleged “leadership” in the House. John Boehner’s leadership has been questionable for some time now. Somehow he survived and was re-elected to Speaker of the 113th Congress. But there is rebellion brewing against him. Now The GOP leadership is reaching across the aisle to Democrats for support in light of 16 House Republicans who are set to vote against a Republican leadership-crafted closed rule on a government funding bill. However, what should be alarming is that the House Majority Whip Kevin McCarthy said he is open to ramming through bills on issues like gun control and immigration without the support of his Republican colleagues.

The rule in question was to limit amendments to the government funding bill. However, because Boehner and his posse refused to consider a vote on the amendment that would defund Obamacare, conservatives bucked Boehner on his rule.

<snip>

·
Registered
659 Posts
I have a BIG problem with this paragraph:

"To ensure that all individuals who should be prohibited from buying a firearm are listed in the national instant criminal background check system and require a background check for every firearm sale, and for other purposes."

What other PURPOSES???

Bad, bad, bad, bad, BAD!

:blink:

·
Registered
297 Posts

I like you wish that would work. However they are spoiled little children. One piece of candy is not enough and they will just cry for more.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts