Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
I remember the general concept of the retention strap for a Glock holster coming up in another thread, but no specific holsters that were recalled or caused problems.

I'd lean towards calling those AD's rather than ND's, but that's just me.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Tho not a Glocker like many - I doubt I would want to Glock and have that type of holster at all - leather only.

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Im like you chris i dont like kydex just not as comfortable or conceable to me i carry my glocks in leather

course it is a tupperware gun so plastic should suit it

·
Super Moderator
25,535 Posts
I had a leather holster that was tight enough to move the slide and hammer on my 226 when re-holstering, I didn't think it was a problem, but it made me nervous. It was sort os a "cheapie" so I ended up ditching it. Guess the point is even leather can sometime do unexpected things.

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
rstickle said:
I had a leather holster that was tight enough to move the slide and hammer on my 226 when re-holstering, I didn't think it was a problem, but it made me nervous. It was sort os a "cheapie" so I ended up ditching it. Guess the point is even leather can sometime do unexpected things.

Your right there i was watching a Video where they guy was talking about this a recommend with any holster be it kydex or leather to put your thumb on back of slide to make sure it stayed in battery when you reholster..

·
Super Moderator
25,535 Posts
Bud White said:
Your right there i was watching a Video where they guy was talking about this a recommend with any holster be it kydex or leather to put your thumb on back of slide to make sure it stayed in battery when you reholster..
That's exactly what I started to do after I noticed what was happening, and now do out of habit.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Bud White said:
My gun won't fire or go out of battery unless the grip safety is operated, so I sometimes reholster with my weak hand on the slide, strong hand off the gun. Not a 100% solution--If I were to get something tangled in the trigger and not fix it, chances are I'd get an ND on the next draw as soon as I close on the grip safety. On the other hand, the longer I can delay an ND, the longer I've got to notice and fix the problem.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Bud White said:

They are teaching that at the state academy.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I have the ctac for my glock 26 and it safely covers the entire trigger and is safe and comfortable. But I am wondering if a leather one from Gary might just be a bit more comfortable. Anyone tried both?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Bud White said:
Im like you chris i dont like kydex just not as comfortable or conceable to me i carry my glocks in leather

course it is a tupperware gun so plastic should suit it
I too just cannot find a kyex that is comfortable,

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
CTAC kydex holsters are very comfortable...to me. I also press my thumb against the rear of a slide/hammer which is something I learned at Mas Ayoob's LFI I course.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts