Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
20,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received the new issue of Concealed Carry Magazine on Friday. Full color definitely makes a difference. And, it has a Kimber Custom TLE II on the front cover. Ahhhh, I love it ;)

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I need to subscribe to that mag. How many pages is it this month???

~A

·
1943 - 2009
10,370 Posts
Is this the January 05 issue?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I really like this magazine too. It fills a needed niche. However, I was a bit disappointed in two of the articles in this issue. The article by Michael Vanblaricum had several misspelled words. I expect that on forums, but not in a national magazine. If the poor guy is semi-literate, couldn't someone proofread his article? In Robert Boatman's article on ammo, he seems to think Hydra-Shoks are made by Remington. Anyway, the rest of the magazine is excellent and I'll chalk it up to growing pains. ;)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Mine has not come yet, but should be here mid week if i guess right. I cant wait to tear through the pages, like the idea of full color too.

·
Registered
20,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by FLM
I really like this magazine too. It fills a needed niche. However, I was a bit disappointed in two of the articles in this issue. The article by Michael Vanblaricum had several misspelled words. I expect that on forums, but not in a national magazine. If the poor guy is semi-literate, couldn't someone proofread his article? In Robert Boatman's article on ammo, he seems to think Hydra-Shoks are made by Remington. Anyway, the rest of the magazine is excellent and I'll chalk it up to growing pains. ;)
Give them some time, they are following along the same path all new magazines travel. New enterprises always have some minor glitches. That being said, my pet peave is misspelled words, grammer usage, capitalizations.

I go nuts here sometimes and find myself correcting some of them... "Bad Administrator, bad" :p

·
Registered
91 Posts
Bumper, I agree. As I said, growing pains. I certainly plan to re-subscribe. I really like the Armed Senior Citizen feature.

·
Banned
1,706 Posts
it has a Kimber Custom TLE II on the front cover. Ahhhh, I love it

SOOOOOOOO....what was the center fold :devil:

I just had a thought....I work at a university; I wonder if anyone would notice if I had it delivered to my office:devil::devil::cool:

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Do they accept freelance work?

~A

·
Registered
299 Posts
Growing pains...

The new \"Book of the 1911\" by Guns & Ammo had quite a few grammatical(sp/;))errors, and far worse, alot of the photos were blurry-that reeaally got my goat. If I had taken the time to flip through it, I probably would not have bought it.

\"SOOOOOOOO....what was the center fold \"

OOoooooohhhhh manOman! You\'re gonna love it!
A nice sleek Surefire 6P......in leather!:bowdown:
:D

·
Registered
57 Posts
Would someone be kind enough to share the details of subscribing to such an avante garde publication?

May God bless,
Dwight

·
Registered
1,091 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Sample Mag to all serious forum members...

Hello,
I appreciate you guys discussing my magazine on the forum. I apologize for our occasional mistakes. Starting a magazine from scratch is a tremendous amount of work. If any of you are seriously considering subscribing and would like a sample issue, send me your address to the email below and I'll get one out to you right away. Thanks a lot.
Sincerely,
Tim Schmidt
Publisher
Concealed Carry Magazine
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Tim let me say thank you for the warm offer, and I sent an e-mail.

~Andy

·
Registered
84 Posts
Originally posted by ccm-tim
Hello,
I appreciate you guys discussing my magazine on the forum. I apologize for our occasional mistakes. Starting a magazine from scratch is a tremendous amount of work. If any of you are seriously considering subscribing and would like a sample issue, send me your address to the email below and I'll get one out to you right away. Thanks a lot.
Sincerely,
Tim Schmidt
Publisher
Concealed Carry Magazine
[email protected]
Good deal Tim! Thats customer service for ya :)

·
Registered
20,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by ccm-tim
Hello,
I appreciate you guys discussing my magazine on the forum. I apologize for our occasional mistakes. Starting a magazine from scratch is a tremendous amount of work. If any of you are seriously considering subscribing and would like a sample issue, send me your address to the email below and I\'ll get one out to you right away. Thanks a lot.
Sincerely,
Tim Schmidt
Publisher
Concealed Carry Magazine
[email protected]
Thanks, Tim, I\'m sure there are many here that will take you up on that offer and I can only imagine the undertaking to publish a new magazine. This forum is work enough for me :kay:

·
Registered
370 Posts
That's pretty impressive.

I just got an offer from Tim's mag in one of those "bulk pack" coupon things they send to shooters a couple of times a year. I'd been wondering whether to give them a try - Tim's spirit in his post makes me think I should send them a check this morning. :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts