Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The latest isse of SHOTGUN NEWS has the set of new H&K 45's on the cover! I just bought that issue. They have a full size and a compact.:image035:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Now - to see if we can find some pics to post here.

Any chance Jim you could scan that front cover? Tho I doubt quality would be too good from that type of printing.

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
P95Carry said:
Now - to see if we can find some pics to post here.

Any chance Jim you could scan that front cover? Tho I doubt quality would be too good from that type of printing.
Good idea. I'll try but it's kind of dark.:confused:

I did try but it crashed my computer connection and I was offline for a few hours.

·
Registered
66 Posts
WOW! Shotgun News got the "drop" on everyone!

Here is the front cover of SGN.

Note the "1911-ish" thumb safety - the recontoured slide lock lever - the removable backstraps - etc.

cheers

tire iron

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Thx Tire - good job.

Color doesn't do a lot for me but hey - function matters more. Controls look OK. Doubt some folks will want the rail but - all in all a gun I'd sure like to handle and shoot.

·
Administrator
143,837 Posts
Looks Good ~ Thanks For The Photo!

Good Lookin' Out Fer Your Fellow Forum Members! :yup:
Serial # 125 000000 Cool!
Looks like a little stippling/texturing on the front of the trigger guard & the front strap.
Nice sights
Good Hammer
FUGLY Color :biggrin2:
I could get used to those controls in no time at all.
Needs a FLAT backstrap...which will (of course) be available.
Nice Firearm. Looks Like HK has yet another winner.

·
Registered
329 Posts
12 shots?

What does it weigh?

How much?

·
Registered
988 Posts
Nice looking HK. I agree about the color... :yuk:

I can see the comparo being set up already. The new USP45 vs. the XD45... :danceban:

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
....perhaps when HK deems the private sector "worthy" of this gun, they'll make the frame in black or the other HK rainbow colors.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Thats a great looking handgun. The color doesn't bother me that much. I could warm up to it.

·
Premium Member
4,740 Posts
The color is pretty ugly and the gun looks like an overblown paintball gun. Sorry, just doesn't do it for me.

·
Registered
66 Posts
To be considered for the pistol trials - the frame must be available in Color #30118 (Flat, Dark Earth), Per FED-STD-595B (T). It appears that for you and I - that .gov color is better known as "baby poop tan". LOL

cheers

tire iron

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I love this gun! Ten rounds, same grip diameter as a 1911 but the trigger variations of a USP. I love my USP, but it's just a TAD too big for my hands. This looks to be perfect. I like the idea of interchangeable backstraps. Color is awful, but I expect H&K will make it easier on the eyes for the public. It's supposed to be the same price as the USP when it comes out, although my guess is that prices will spike on initial demand, they should stabilize down later. You can bet your bippy I'll be getting one, too!

·
Registered
950 Posts
Will it come in a compact model. I need a good compact .45 that wont cost me an arm and a leg...used will do.

·
Super Moderator
19,008 Posts
I may look into 1, and consider selling the USP I have. Will see how soon it is avalible, and what colors.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
I see the differences,..but the new HK still looks like an old HK. Very similiar to my Tactical.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
I doubt this gun will be less than $700 if and when it becomes available to the public.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts