Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw one at Academy today. I forgot to note the price though.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Hopefully they got it right this time. A second screw-up would be a Real disaster for Remington.

·
Registered
9,323 Posts
Used to like Remington Ammo. Bought some Remington Ultimate Defense for my Ruger LCP and the reviews are terrible.

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
Who cares about the R51, what we need to be talking about is Star Trek Beyond.. Loved it!

-Adam.
Did Spock use his R51 to keep any aggressive Romulan hookers away from Captain Kirk or visa versa?

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Funny you should post this thread, just watched a YouTube video by GunBlast about the gen 2 R51. It's sort of cool looking gun but it just doesn't offer a whole lot to me that a plethora of other single stack 9's offer for less money.

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Still has some of its old bad habits with the "resigned" model . Junk is junk . To many better choices out there to chance a remington .

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Still has some of its old bad habits with the "resigned" model . Junk is junk . To many better choices out there to chance a remington .
Exactly. Once bitten, twice shy. Many other options that function flawlessly.

Reactions: hardluk1

·
Registered
200 Posts
Are we forgetting their success at making an overpriced, high maintenance, safe queen a reliable, usable, carry gun? The rm380 is a sign of a turnaround for Remington.....I hope. If they put the effort into the R51 that they did with the rm380, they should be fine. Also, they actually listened to consumers by changing their 1 year warranty to a lifetime warranty. Gotta cut them some slack. Just saying.......

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Remington ran Marlin in the dirt .... But they done a great job on the Model 738 bolt action rifle .. lowprice accurate rifle !

And the M380 is a success ...

·
Registered
540 Posts
After the 700 trigger recall and the original r-51 disaster i would consider Remington to be about on the same level as some of the other junk brands people like to bash.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
They are supposed to be on the shelf August 12th for $448.00.

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The metal frame is a feature i like.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
This really is too bad for big green....hate to see it....they have made so many excellent rifles over the years!

Reactions: jamf1234

·
Registered
200 Posts
Shot my RM380 straight out the box, no cleaning, no polishing, no nothing as I do every gun when I first buy it. 50 rounds of .380jhp and nothing close to a hiccup with either magazine. Still running 100% as of today. Recoil or lack thereof is beautiful on such a small pistol. I would definitely take a look at the R51 assuming it's made in Alabama too. I don't think they would be re-released from their older mnfctr with problems. Just think Toyota few years back. People were actually dying. But, the Toyota of today would be the last company to go through that again. Remington knows and has acknowledged the screw ups and knows it needs to redeem itself. After the RM 380, I have total confidence in the R51. Problem is, the aftermarket and holster market will suck for it like the RM380. But hey.......

1 - 20 of 26 Posts