Defensive Carry banner

2341 - 2360 of 2400 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Changed out the trigger on the WC Gov. It already had a Harrison Custom short trigger in it, but I decided to change it to the natural colored one.

View attachment 326716
Those Wiley Clapp Colts do look sharp! My goal is to someday feel confident enough to actually detail strip a 1911 so I can change triggers, etc. I’m nowhere near there yet, though. I’m afraid I’ll mess it up, and I don’t know of anybody locally who could bail me out if/when I did.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Those Wiley Clapp Colts do look sharp! My goal is to someday feel confident enough to actually detail strip a 1911 so I can change triggers, etc. I’m nowhere near there yet, though. I’m afraid I’ll mess it up, and I don’t know of anybody locally who could bail me out if/when I did.
I hear ya. I've had some oops before. Heck, still do when I get inpatient. The gun is safe in this case, but you could have to throw away a $34 trigger. If you're ever in Fort Worth, hit me up. We can go through one.

·
Super Moderator
21,913 Posts
Thank you. I have a couple of the medium length black triggers too, I think I'm going to send them back to get three more short triggers for the Baer, Combat Elite, and Combat Unit Rail.
I had the long black trigger in mine for awhile.

Harrison Trigger.jpg

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
mhl6493; said:
I will also tell you, it makes it nice having one of the adjustable set screw triggers to use too. Obviously the SA smiths already had the Pro's trigger dialed in, but if your gun wasn't dialed in, you could get it set just right with the allen key, then measure the set screw protrusion with calipers, then all you have to do is file down the fixed stop on this trigger to the same height. As far as the triggers vertical height, using my calipers, I measure the overall height of the trigger being removed, then take a measurement from the trigger bow to the top, and then the same method to the bottom of the trigger. If the trigger being replaced is a little loose, you can leave a little more material. Usually this will naturally happen though as it is a bit of filing, then fitting until the trigger just has ever so slight amount of drag in its channel.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
My only 1911, at this point.

Remington R1 Enhanced

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,864 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
I want to give a shout out to OD* and G-Man* for their advice on 1911 matters. Whether it's the Colt, their suggestions on maintenance, mags, and ammo, or a combination of all those -- I have over 800 rounds through my 'new" WC LW Commander. Not one problem/failure of any kind since the get-go. And people say 1911's aren't reliable.... :whistle: <edit> I can't figure out how to only post the thumbnail image
My Colt.jpg

2341 - 2360 of 2400 Posts