Defensive Carry banner

2361 - 2380 of 2400 Posts

·
Registered
7,871 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Are there any good 1911 options in 9MM? Most people I see talking about their 1911 have one in .45. While I'm not adamantly opposed to getting a .45, most of my handguns are in 9MM, so it'd be nice if I could just use what I have. I've ruled out the Springfield 911 due to the failure to feed issues I've read about.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I
Are there any good 1911 options in 9MM? Most people I see talking about their 1911 have one in .45. While I'm not adamantly opposed to getting a .45, most of my handguns are in 9MM, so it'd be nice if I could just use what I have. I've ruled out the Springfield 911 due to the failure to feed issues I've read about.
It's pricey, but I've heard and read good things about the Ed Brown Evo KC9. It's specifically built from the ground up for the 9mm. Retail price is a little under two grand, but I've seen them go for a little less than that. It would be a smooth one for sure! I'm not sure I'd want to pay that much, personally...

·
Registered
8,964 Posts
Yea, my Son has a Springfield 1911 in 45 and it has over 20,000 rounds through it with no feed issues.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I

It's pricey, but I've heard and read good things about the Ed Brown Evo KC9. It's specifically built from the ground up for the 9mm. Retail price is a little under two grand, but I've seen them go for a little less than that. It would be a smooth one for sure! I'm not sure I'd want to pay that much, personally...
Yikes....I didn't want to take on any new calibers, but with that being under two grand it would be cheaper for me to buy one in .45 and a case of ammo for it!

So....any good budget friendly 1911s in .45?

·
Registered
571 Posts
Yikes....I didn't want to take on any new calibers, but with that being under two grand it would be cheaper for me to buy one in .45 and a case of ammo for it!

So....any good budget friendly 1911s in .45?
Well, it depends on your budget. Colt makes the Defender in 9mm as well as .45 ACP. For a couple hundred more, Dan Wesson makes some FINE 1911's in 9mm. I think the Vigil is available in 9mm. And then there's Kimber. While I don't know if they make the Ultra Carry or Pro Carry in 9mm, they DO make the Micro-9, which is remarkably similar to the Sig P938. The Micro-9 can be had for under $700. (Well under it if you catch it on sale)

ETA: Your first question asked about 9mm 1911's, but I noticed that the one I replied to asked for .45. If you're looking for a decent budget .45, there are a number of them out there. Again, it depends on what your budget is.

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
I think the Dan Wesson ECP in 9mm would be a great gun. The ECP in 45acp has very light recoil. I have several 1911s in 45acp and they recoil on the Dan Wesson is way lighter than the others. In 9mm it will probably feel like a bb gun. The ECP has a long lasting recoil spring. Groups tite. I want one in 9mm.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I think the Dan Wesson ECP in 9mm would be a great gun. The ECP in 45acp has very light recoil. I have several 1911s in 45acp and they recoil on the Dan Wesson is way lighter than the others. In 9mm it will probably feel like a bb gun. The ECP has a long lasting recoil spring. Groups tite. I want one in 9mm.
Sounds like you're trying to talk me into buying another DW. :LOL:

·
Premium Member
5,795 Posts
Why not bump it up a measly 1MM? 🍺

·
Registered
790 Posts
I’ve heard some very good things about the ECP. I don’t have any bull barrel 1911s, but it sure sounds like I might need to work on changing that!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Don't forget about the Springfield " Champion ". A 9mm ,Commander size with an alloy frame for under a thousand . Goes " bang " every time with excellent accuracy .

2361 - 2380 of 2400 Posts