Defensive Carry banner

2381 - 2400 of 2400 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Am I the only one that the little hump on the pistol safety grip of a 1911 hurts my hand when shooting it? 😎

·
Registered
16,069 Posts
Am I the only one that the little hump on the pistol safety grip of a 1911 hurts my hand when shooting it? 😎

Yes. ;)

They do make grip safeties without the bump. Memory bump as it's called by one manufacturer.
But if you shoot with your thumbs on the thumb safety shelf, strong hand's thumb first, offhand on top, sometimes a pocket can form in your palm and that GS bump will be appreciated to help engage the safety.

Or you can start wearing tactical shooting gloves :cool:

·
Super Moderator
16,160 Posts
My hands are small enough I don't really notice it.

·
Super Moderator
21,915 Posts
Man, OD*, that's just beautiful! I've had one of these on my "sure would like to have" list for a while now. Gorgeous! And I'm sure it shoots just as great as it looks.
Thanks amigo. (y) I really loved the looks of it when it arrived, liked it enough that my Colt Super .38 is at Nighthawk now getting the same sights, finish, dehorn, and blending the frame and mainspring housing.

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Just received and not yet fired. Will put several hundred rounds thru it Monday and begin carrying it as soon as it gets cleaned. An Alchemy Custom Weaponry Classic Carry (Commander) in God's Caliber.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Yes. ;)

They do make grip safeties without the bump. Memory bump as it's called by one manufacturer.
But if you shoot with your thumbs on the thumb safety shelf, strong hand's thumb first, offhand on top, sometimes a pocket can form in your palm and that GS bump will be appreciated to help engage the safety.

Or you can start wearing tactical shooting gloves :cool:
Lol! 😂

I have tactical gloves. That "memory" bump still bothers me on my 1911. I like it but definitely don't carry it as much anymore because of that and I don't wear tactical gloves for EDC. 😎

Reactions: OD* and Pete63

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Lol! 😂

I have tactical gloves. That "memory" bump still bothers me on my 1911. I like it but definitely don't carry it as much anymore because of that and I don't wear tactical gloves for EDC. 😎
I've always called it "a speed bump", SO.................................................................................. you JUST need to "get you a speed bump callus"! :p

Reactions: Militant and OD*

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I've always called it "a speed bump", SO.................................................................................. you JUST need to "get you a speed bump callus"! :p
Naw! I just put it in the safe and take it to the range every now and then and carry what I know I can count on; one of my HK's or Walther's for good measure. 😂 😎

Reactions: Pete63

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Naw! I just put it in the safe and take it to the range every now and then and carry what I know I can count on; one of my HK's or Walther's for good measure. 😂 😎
I HEAR HK makes a "pretty fair pistol" also. ;)

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
You aren’t carrying that beautiful yet backwards 1911???

2381 - 2400 of 2400 Posts